Beta Key giveaways making people answer trivia feels like gatekeeping imo

Some people like being treated like dogs I guess.

Since Steve is the head of the narrative I doubt he would like to tell another faction war when he seems to not want too nor ever want to do it.

Yes it is because its saying a person who doesnt’ know the answer is somehow not worthy, not a real fan.

So we just rename the game to Lovecraft?

sure why not? Add more C’thun.

Oh Warcraft in the name war doesn’t necessarily mean faction war.

1 Like

So pointless.

Great.

Just what we needed. More pointless wars with zero stakes.

1 Like

or they want you to prove you know something about the game so they dont give it to someone that’s just going to turn around and sell it

It’s all about having a power over others. Like I said, guys got a box of candy he knows everyone wants, so he’ll take advantage to make you do a trick for it for his amusement.

Disrespectful and insulting to me. It could be out of sincere fun, but that’s not the first impression I’m likely to get and it’s not always true.

1 Like

Blizzard could, you know, give access directly to people, like they’ve given me. No need to give keys to someone else, if they actually cared about a specific distribution method.

Can’t say I’d go through a stream to get a beta key.

I bark enough in life.

I didn’t even opt in to beta and yet I have access to it. Or maybe it’s my positivity that actually helped me get access to it.

if it were something humilating, that would be one thing, but how is making someone anwser trivia disrespectful? it’s a game. you’re trying to get a key to test out another game. if you don’t like games, why are you trying to win a key to one?

LOL because a person who knows something about the game won’t sell it? It proves NOTHING.

I don’t even touch that kind of crap. If I get the key from opting in normally then I get the key. I’m not going to degrade myself for one.

2 Likes

The way it was done was disrespectull. It was maximum. Dude seems way too nerdy.

someone that can answer quickly with the correct answer and didnt have to waste time googling it is much more likely to be excited about playing than selling

it’s not disrespectful. Blizz gave him keys, and I’m sure he’s doling them out in Blizzard approved ways. It’s not for mass distribution. If it were, he wouldn’t have keys.

People will look for any reason to whine. It’s what all the cool kids do on the internet.

They are pouting, essentially.

Less so than having to watch Twitch streamers for hours. I can Google answers in seconds, I can’t sit and watch someone on Twitch all day long.