Beta invites

Ive been seeing people streaming the WOTLK Classic beta online. The majority of these streamers were playing on unofficial WOTLK servers and they get a key. The people who have been paying month after month, year after year dont count and dont get a key because they arent streamers. Way to go Blizz you really know how to take care of your loyal paying customers.

11 Likes

I used to think like this, that having an account created in 2005. An account thats bought every expansion outside of WOD meant that i deserved a beta invite. Paying for two subs for all of classic up to this point. The reality is, the beta is not a reward. It’s not given out to the most loyal players or the most competent. It’s given out to streamers for free advertisement. Friends and family accounts for obvious safe bet reasons. And the random person here and there. This post wont even be seen by a blizzard employee most likely. The dice didn’t roll in your favor, and they’ve never rolled in my favor for beta access either. We will survive.

7 Likes

Companies like Blizzard have been catering to streamers for a long time, no matter how awful or ignorant the person is.

2 Likes

I agree and even though they posted vids of them playing the game on private servers which is a bad thing, they get rewarded with a beta key. Thats like giving people who BOT a key in my book.

The invites are random. If you didn’t get one, then you just have bad RNG.

1 Like

LOL

9 Likes

not a bad thing because advertising - it’s Wrath get hype or w/e

try not to think of it that way
it’s just business to blizz
they expect the streamer chonkers to generate hype
a symbiotic relationship if you will

Beta testing means work… the game will likely be buggy, and you’ll be expected to write detailed reports to help them fix it.

It’s free not even free labor… you need an active sub to get a beta unvite!

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

Ive been hoping for a beta invite since it came out, but i guess we will have to see in wave 2. Been really excited for this for awhile.

or tall or his hair color. yes, those are useless qualifiers.

Agree 100%. Invites should be random, or at least prioritized to people with a history of reporting actual bugs and such in previous betas.

But as earlier posts mentioned, it’s kind of just become the way it is: of course it’s free advertising. Why not take advantage of it?

At this point the only thing that is incredibly annoying to me is streamers blatantly deny or choose to ignore “streamer privilege”. I’m not complaining, to be clear. But at least be honest. Otherwise it shows me a poor reflection of your character.

It makes sense for streamers to be given a priority for the beta, they’re basically walking advertisments they’d be dumb to not give them one.

4 Likes

Why would blizzard give you a beta key if they already know your going to play/buy it?

It was very fun when wow classic beta happened, watching the streamers getting ganked. What was the guild? APES or something?

If the ganking happens again I may watch.

Correct. They have marketing power, and you don’t. Sucks but that’s reality. You will play regardless and they know that.

1 Like

The invites are random. Only the very first wave was not random and it was like 50 people total. It was super small.

The next wave which was much larger was entirely random. Large streamers like Asmon, Soda, PSHero, JokerD, all didn’t get it and STILL don’t have it.

If you think streamers are being prioritized over you, you are just coping.

1 Like

no, people with testing experience should get priority.

It’s a new expansion or product launch, so it’s the obligatory cry because of streamer privileged thread. If I were Blizzard, you bet your bottom dollar I’d be giving streamers and youtubers keys. That’s free advertising. It’s not all streamers and youtubers, but a big chunk of them are at the moment.

I have to laugh. Honestly people crying over streamers getting keys to beta is really pathetic. This is a BETA TEST to begin with. Yes Blizzard uses it as free advertisement. But the intent is to test THE BETA, not for you to get access to some fun early content. This is nothing but a hilarious tantrum people throw, because they are jealous that they don’t have the same privileges.

The game will be out in 3-4 months max based on the beta cycle of TBC Classic. So QQ in the mean time.

1 Like

I’ve done testing, I don’t think it’s that. I do believe they will ignore bad behavior of some streamers because it’s free advertising.

1 Like