(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

I would take a chill pill, but the past 6 years have not been consistent nor fair to classes.

6 Likes

Mate you wont be happy unless we go back in time. Me i would love to go back to the 1980/90s when the music was better and the world more fun. but we cant. I expect to see you next xpac alpha asking for the exact same things and we do this dance again

Yeah Iā€™ll be asking until we get the option to do discipline as it was for 12 years before Legion crapped on it. And Iā€™m allowed to do so :slight_smile:

Did you stamp your foot and throw youre head back when you said that. You go girlfriend

Whenā€™s the last time your body was exposed to sunlight? The way to talk down to others makes me think no one wants to be around in you in real life. Go touch grass.

There is that insecurity complex againā€¦ talked down too. tsk tsk

in truth you got your wish this xpac. You got SS. Caps and i and others said no its not good. But you got it. It was, as predicted op asf in CN then got nerfed next raid tier. I cant see it being used next tier either.

Out of curiousty did you raid and use SS? legit question

Yet there is quite a bit of communication for hunters, at least some for death knights/evokers, and I havenā€™t been to the rogue discord but realz is notoriously active in there.

Literally blizzard could just say ā€œhey we are reading but we wonā€™t have anything to show for a bit while we finish other trees.ā€ And that works go a long way.

Itā€™s the complete lack of communication and history of ignoring feedback that creates the animosity. So in light of that, I say donā€™t take a chill pill and continue to give feedback.

9 Likes

I think he is more saying and this is only my opinion since i cant speak for him, that alpha has been out for about 10 days. Others havent got their trees yet and probably crankier then we are. so patience is a virtue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly.

People care more about arguing on the forums than having actual discussion. I donā€™t know why the priest section has had so many trolls lately.

O, this would be really nice.

Again, itā€™s the history of blizzard ignoring priest feedback and then making pretty poor last minute changes that causes people to have ā€œno patienceā€.

Other classes are getting a lot of attention, even though thereā€™s classes that donā€™t have their trees yet.

Iā€™m just saying the whole ā€œjust waitā€ attitude is pretty annoying, historically it has not worked out well for us, and itā€™s pretty dismissive. People are allowed to share feedback, and people are allowed to want communication ya know?

9 Likes

Yeah no issue with that. Tho im finding a lot of the feedback wishy washy and unlikely to ever happen, and i think it takes away from actual real discussion but sure people are allowed to voice their poinions.

I personally dont think they know what to do with priest yet and yes while a post saying even that would be nice im realsitic to know they are busy. Shadows woes are well documented and i have some faith they will get some attn

Shadows have collectively been in the same position during alpha / beta for the last 2 expansions, waiting for fixes to core issues that never come. We get a few bandaids that start to peel about half way through the expansion while the gangrenous wound continues to fester underneath. You said it, they donā€™t know what to do about it, and from what weā€™ve seen their plan for this expansion was to do nothing yet again.

11 Likes

Spirit Shell is not bubble discipline, even buffoons know this.

Yes Iā€™ve used SS in raids before, no its not the same.

Insecurity would be having to resort to your in-game accomplishments to get a leg-up in conversation/debate. Thatā€™s you.

1 Like

Not acting as if the core problems that people have gripes with havenā€™t been addressed for entire expansions. Surely not.

9 Likes

The problem is present for other specs as well.

You guys act like priest gets it worst than everyone else while most classes gets this same threatment and some specs are doing worst accross the board than shadow is.

Mechanical feedback post, please ignore formatting Iā€™m too lazy Iā€™m sorry. Mostly shadow perspective, but I dabble in Holy and Disc in PVP mostly.

Class Tree

• The class tree as it stands feels super divided, thereā€™s very little in the way of utility and half the utility is unusable by shadow. Nodes that affect smite alone feel really awkward as shadow, I know they arenā€™t for us, but the fact that they do nothing for us is just, not a great look.

• I actually things like Mind restraint, shadow mend, masochism all being on the tree. Especially for holy in PvP having access to that shadow school to heal is really cool and I think itā€™s a really strong identity for priest as a whole.

• PoM needs to not have a cast time, and honestly I think it should be usable in shadowform. Iā€™d give up a GCD or throw it out between packs on occasion to add some extra healing, and then it makes things like benediction more attractive for shadow as well. Idk maybe it would be too strong but right now you just never look at itā€™s direction because youā€™re not dropping 2 GCDs to leave shadowform and CAST PoM.

• Shadowflame Prism - Please god donā€™t make this our only option in DF, I hate SFP with a passion, Weā€™ve been using it for almost the entire expansion and not by choice. Iā€™m not a huge fan of us being tied so heavily to our mindbender cooldown for cleave. Would rather just see our dots brought back up some.

• mind games - actually like seeing mind games in the tree, I think Fae Guardians would be a good option to put somewhere in here as well, thematically it might need to be changed to like ā€œspirit guardiansā€ or something, but Fae guardians with the legendary was at least interesting and really fit with the priest playstyle imo. Just paint it white or yellow and put it in there as a choice node.

• Now the nodes leading up to mind games are terrible, translucent image needs to be more accessible, and tithe evasion needs to be changed. I like the idea of tithe evasion but feels like it should just be baked into imp. SWD or something.
  • Crystalline Reflection - Where to start with this one whole line. Charitable soul is a joke, PW:S is so weak itā€™s sad. Lightā€™s inspiration is fine, but then we are right back to charitable soul is bad because PW:S is so weak. The damage gained from this might have been something interesting if it was meaningful, I could see its use in PvP or as an extra way to deal some damage while soaking mechanics with PW:S, but PW:S is basically just a movement cooldown with B&S. I donā€™t know if baseline PWS needs to change or if this needs to buff itā€™s absorb by a ton, but I donā€™t see anybody ever taking this right now, or at least nobody being excited to take it right now.

• power infusion - This topic has been done to death, As long as Twins is easy to reach and 1 point, I donā€™t care. Itā€™s a fun cooldown, itā€™s just problematic.

• enlightenment - I still firmly believe this being in the class tree will make our base mana regeneration balanced around having it. Iā€™d rather our mana regen just be balanced without it, as I just canā€™t see a world where 10% extra passive mana regen isnā€™t broken. If you want to add mana into the tree give us some way to interact with it.

• clerics armaments - Stop this. Delete this. Never do this againā€¦

• Okay okay, maybe thatā€™s a bit dramatic but for real, this and sanguine teachings in the shadow tree. We all know this is terrible. Weā€™ve seen the memes and the complaints. PWS doesnā€™t do enough for this to ever be relevant.
  • Unwavering will - No strong comment on this one. Seems fine? Iā€™ll leave it to more experienced healing players.

• Holy Word: Life - Actually a pretty interesting ability to me. Too bad itā€™s so costly to get to and I canā€™t cast it as shadow.

Iā€™d love to see some stuff like dispersion, silence, and spectral guise over here on the class tree. It just really feels like this tree is nothing like any other class tree, and not in a good way.

ON TO THE SHADOW TREE

Ho boy where to start. This is just a block of quick thoughts but Iā€™m just going to throw them out.

• Dev Plague shouldnā€™t be optional, you should not be able to build a tree where you donā€™t take the only spender you have thatā€™s ridiculous. Vamp Touch feels like it shouldnā€™t be optional either, but if the tree is designed properly Iā€™m fine with it being a point you just pick up along the way.

• Thereā€™s so much insanity generation on here, we donā€™t need any more insanity, being capped on insanity for long periods of time feels so bad.

Speaking of insane, why is Searing Nightmare and S2M still on this tree? Somebody insane must have designed this. Please get rid of these.

Please bring back dark archangel as an alternative to void form - Iā€™d love to opt out of the void form/ void bolt PI cooldown for some shorter, more consistent but less powerful options. Something like a 1 min dark arch that gives a much smaller boost, or 45 sec cooldown that you can save charges of. IDK but Iā€™m not a huge fan of void form in itā€™s current state, I miss being the ā€œconsistent damageā€ class.

Too many buttons thereā€™s just so many buttons this tree adds. VoiT, Damnation, SN, Shadow crash, on top of all of our current abilities and probably taking Mindgames in the class tree, We need to scale it back just a bit.

ā€”Honestly, I donā€™t like the cthun or yogg saron idols. We arenā€™t a pet class, and Iā€™m not a huge fan of summons being a major part of our damage. I guess having this as an option isnā€™t bad, but Iā€™d like to steer away from it as much as possible. Tentabro is slightly less offensive to me than the thing from beyond tho.

ā€”Channelsā€¦One thing I personally like about shadow is having a channeled filler, but the emphasis on Mind Flay is a bit heavy, considering dark thoughts was changed because it emphasized mind flay too much.

ā€”Monomania Void touched and Fortress of the Mind - I just donā€™t see a world where we canā€™t take these and start making mind flay rise in priority. I donā€™t mind fortress, Iā€™m not terribly sad bout void touched, but Monomania feels like it just doesnā€™t mesh with the idea of not casting mind flay a bunch.

Generally the bottom of the tree feels too expensive, and I didnā€™t really talk about the utility much because I doubt we will have the points to really invest in it currently.

I like shadowy apparitions, maybe dark arch could interact with that? Double our app generation while itā€™s active and grant us some stats or damage? psychic link plus apps seems fun, casting a bunch of spirits is so cool.

Really really want to see cascade and spectral guise back. Please blizzard.

This is not the most organized, but hey, thereā€™s some more thoughts for ya.

8 Likes

Didnā€™t the dev who was behind the redesign of shadow into our current voidform design quit half way through Legion development?

2 Likes

And then the one who reworked Shadow during Shadowlands beta quit before they got the chance to finish it.

Yes Shadow doesnā€™t have a dedicated dev, just leftover devs, and it is immensely harming the spec the past few expansions.

2 Likes

Celestalon did the Legion redesign and went to work on Hearthstone after 7.3 at the end of 2019. Sephuz took over for BfA and went to work on Hearthstone in 2019. Chris Kaleiki followed for Shadowlands, and left shortly after launch.

Nimox on the other hand has been posting for Hunters and Shamans since at least Battle for Azeroth.

1 Like