Beta begins next week

You better have opt in for it. If you haven’t you should.

1 Like

I preordered the epic version since I have no self control so I’ll get it day one.

14 Likes

Why would you order the epic edition? I don’t understand the people that do, half the crap you’re paying for is temporary and won’t matter in a month.

3 Likes

There was no promise of when you’ll get it with the epic edition. In fact, they could easily give it to you in the last week and that would be their promise fulfilled of giving you beta.

I have the epic edition and I still signed up for beta access, in the hopes of getting in earlier.

For me it was because it was worth it. It was actually the base price that felt inflated. For 40 extra dollars you got a month of game time. So that’s 15 meaning your only spending 25 for a mount, a tmog, and a new hearth effect, as well as some guaranteed beta access.

Edit-and a pet if that’s something you care about.

3 Likes

It sounds like its straight away.
Could just be weird phrasing though

Join us in testing The War Within. Players who have opted in can be selected to be testers, and invitations will go out regularly throughout the test. If selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access. Players who upgrade to the Epic Edition of The War Within will also gain immediate access to the beta.

5 Likes

This does sound like you will get it as soon as it launches. I just know how companies can twist what they say.

I also forgot to mention 3 day early access for that $25 more. This change I think is bad for the game, but it is a perk.

1 Like

I did play a beta once. Seemed like a waste of time. I let people who are motivated and have nothing else to do take care of it.

1 Like

I think it’s fine. You get faster to level 70 but in week 1 it’s not significant in a disparity of player power unlike people who farmed frogs in Remix.

2 Likes

Same here. I am in no hurry to beta test an expansion i want to be surprised about so im going to be careful this go around with spoilers and experience war within for myself. I dont care to beta test this go around.

1 Like

if they dont include people after saying they would give it with the order of epic edition, class action lawsuit inc

1 Like

This is not the test announcement I was looking for.

1 Like

I’m really bad about finding bugs and have (embarrassingly) reported actual mechanics as possible bugs. I did this in legion when I thought the druid regrowth was bugged but it turns out I was just wearing a legendary that caused it to suddenly activate out of nowhere.

Still, I do try and report any bug I do find. Usually, it’s minor graphical errors.

1 Like

I had 3 million gold which was enough for bnet balance that I could afford it without paying irl money

4 Likes

I remember a lot of broken caves that had no interior…

1 Like

When most of the things in there are cosmetic, how are most of those things temporary and useless in a month?

3 Likes

bc they said so

1 Like

The cosmetics and tenders of course! The 3 days early access and beta access is nice too but I can live without them.

1 Like

Right, but those you can buy with heroic edition, the epic edition you’re just paying $30 extra for 3 days early access and beta inv. Which is fine if you want it buy it, but I’ll n ever spend that much for those two things. Okay actually I’m wrong, i didn’t realize how much extra stuff it came with

1 Like

Why bother? The only people getting into the beta will be streamers and people like that with giant youtube channels. The people that did the Epic edition preorder will get beta access like the day before the expansion launches.

2 Likes

They said that they were pre-approved for beta access. I was just saying that they could give it much later on and say that you were always approved for it, just not necessarily at the beginning of testing.

This does sound like right away, but they would still be fulfilling their promise if you are just on a list of pre-approved beta access at some point. And I think they could legally get away with it. But I may be wrong, and they will just give epic edition users it from the go.

1 Like