Best way to send gold to opposite faction on a different realm?

I read a lot about battle pet and guild transfer, the former seems risky and slow, the latter sounds very complicated. How much should I expect to lose in the process?

Anyway, what is the reason to hoard gold in one character?

Mail bind on account gear tokens to the target alt, which they can vendor off for at least 5 gold if they aren’t high enough level or of the target class of the gear token

You are joking right?

Aren’t the booty bay auction houses still cross faction? Just sell a blacksmith hammer for 100k gold and buy it on your main. If they are on the same acct you’ll have to give the gold to someone you trust and have them buy it. You only lose the AH cut this way but be careful the cross faction cut is higher.

2 Likes

This is what I did with a friend. He wanted to roll some new alts on my faction so I helped him out by using the Booty Bay AH.

On your Alliance toon put a piece of garbage on the AH. Then on your Horde toon give your gold to a trusted friend who will then buy the item listed by your Alliance toon. Not sure what the AH cut would be on that.

1 Like

all auctioneers are cross-faction now
to op: just put something on the auction house and have a friend buy it

1 Like

If you have access to Angler’s Water Striders, you can buy one for 40g (if Exalted with the Anglers) and mail it to your character on the other realm, then they can vendor it for 10g.

It’s slow as heck since the item is unique, so you’ll have to buy one, send it off, buy another, send it off, etc., and then the alt will have to remove them from the mailbox and vendor them one by one.

It also costs you 4 times what you receive. So if you want 1k on the other server, you have to pay 4k for example.

The upside is that you don’t need to wait on auctions to sell or whatnot, but I wouldn’t call it in any way gold efficient.

Don’t think the AH suggestions are of much help to OP as they indicated that they want it to be sent to another realm. Unless the other realm they want to send the gold to is linked to their realm the auction house wont help them at all.

Pet transfer is typically a slow way to transfer gold across servers because unless you know that someone will buy the pets really quickly you might have days or weeks of relisting before those pets sell. Plus you lose money on the AH cut. Transferring a guild is really not that hard and is the fastest and most reliable way to transfer gold if you have more than 1 mil gold. If you have less than 1 mil then i think you can just do a character transfer with 1 mil on it now.

Do you mind explaining the process to me, I am watching videos on how to do it, but none of them mention what to do with the guild afterward.

Let’s say:
My main is Alliance in Stormrage
My alts and a private guild is Horde in Area 52

Then I am buying a guild transfer from Blizzard store, and move the guild to Stormrage, but who will be the GM and doesn’t it require at least 3 people in a guild? After I get the gold from the guild bank, do I just disband it? And do I have to remake another guild for my alts back in Area 52?
I am all confused.

Buy a token and save yourself the trouble.

-Definitely not a Blizz employee

4 Likes

It’s around 30-40% gold loss right?

No buy one from Blizz, and sell it. It’s a $20 real money loss lol

Best way to send gold to the opposite faction on a different realm…?

Realm transfer + faction change = $55

Unless I’ve stored up 10M, otherwise this sounds insane.

You said the best way. This is the best way. It’s safe and you don’t lose any gold.

If you do it right you could gain gold :man_shrugging: If a pet is 100g on your realm and 500g on the other realm you’re all set :+1:

To buy expensive things, I used to have my gold distributed among my 12 characters on my main realm, then I needed to buy a mount. So I had to go and log each character and mail gold to one character, super annoying. Now I dump all my gold into my guild bank with a macro so I can buy whatever from any character.

These days, if I want gold on a realm I buy a token with monies and sell it on the AH :man_shrugging: Back in the olden times I bought these, mailed them to the realm, then vendored them.

https://i.postimg.cc/DwhbtMnP/image.png

As you can see it is an incredible loss but I didn’t care about that, I had gold and wanted it on another realm and I wanted it instantly not when someone decided to buy a pet.

1 Like

I’ve done that too with Renowned Guild Tabards.

2 Likes

I see. But is there anything end game progression wise would make me need a lot of gold that regular raiding, pvping, world quests etc won’t suffice?

If not, I will dedicate my horde alts army to be collectionists, since all the mounts, pets, toys are account wide.

I feel like there was something with Garrison Blueprints as well but I forgot how it worked. Maybe I was just buying them to lower how much gold I had because I had more than you could transfer with and sold them back when I transferred :thinking: