Best Time to Buy 9.2 AOTC Mount

I haven’t followed the price trends for AOTC mount gold boosts in the past:

Do the gold boost prices generally fall towards the end of the xpac, or do the prices increase? Or another way to word it: when are boosts generally the least expensive when it comes to AOTC mounts?

It’s best to wait a while but not too long because raiders will start unsubbing before the next xpac.

7 Likes

They fall toward the end of the tier and then suddenly double as people who put it off realize this is their last chance.

5 Likes

The prices tend to drop towards the end of the tier. Given this is also an ultra long tier (like 10+ months), you’ll have lots of time.

3 Likes

If you are hiding behind a guild disguised as a community you will get banned people fyi

1 Like

in BFA it was around 200k on our server for an aotc boost (well before the season ended)… but players were able to get it all the way up to the SL pre patch (or reallly really late). So it wasn’t too bad, and prices may have went down.

SL seems to have inflated prices, but we’ll see if that changes with the new boosting “rules”

My guess is that if you want the best price, wait til the very tail end of the expansion and get in with an established guild on your server…or just try to join a community and do it for free :slight_smile:

Prior to the last week it was 20k, then went up to 40k on the last day. Someone gave me an invitation to the brawler’s guild, so I worked on getting Bruce instead of buying the AotC mount.

2 Likes

If trends follow, the prices always fall dramatically the longer the patch goes on. Maybe a slight spike right before the next xpac drops and the mount goes away…

I remember in BFA, the Jaina mount in trade chat in 9.3 started at like 1-1.5 mil. Towards the end, it was like 200k in trade chat. Not exactly the same thing, but pretty relatable.

I was on a pretty low server back in BFA, and I’m pretty sure the AOTC mount was selling for like sub 100k towards the end of it all.

i think it depends on your server and faction friend.

my server is a small one, that only had a couple guilds clearing AOTC content in BFA…so hence the 200k price tag.

Horde had a lot more success and a larger raiding community overall, so probably why your prices are a lot lower, and i’m sure they were lower on my server horde as well (but couldn’t say for sure)

thanks for pointing that out though, it is a good thing to note :revolving_hearts:

I hope to work with the same guild on my server again…really nice group of players :slightly_smiling_face:

Just get one for free from Perky Pugs.

Does everyone get one for free that participates? Guaranteed?

How much gold is it. And do we get the mount later?

I would, but getting mounts for free doesn’t feel right to me. I want to have at least earned it in some manner through in-game activities (and no, I don’t buy WoW tokens).

You have to sit in a Twitch waiting room while they do runs. They’ll blow through the raid and then open a lottery when they reach the last boss, and everyone who wants one can sign up. They usually get quite a few runs in on a given night, and they do it a couple nights a week. You aren’t guaranteed to get it right away but I think the lottery system they use has some bad luck protection so you’ll very likely get it eventually. I got my void dragon that way at the end of BfA and only had to tune in for a couple nights.

I can respect that. I like mounts and am cheap, though. I can afford a run but I don’t want to spend the gold if I don’t have to lol

What is the aotc mount this time? That sinister looking variant on the shammy class hall mount?

I don’t think it’s been fully datamined yet but smart money says that flying robot spider from the 9.2 developer video.

1 Like

A robot spider supposedly.

Do we even have an AOTC Mount? As per the last update from Blizzard

there’s not mention of the AOTC mount, only the mythic mount.

2 Likes

Gigacringe just work for it.

Unless I missed something there is no AotC mount.

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS, NEW REWARDS

Complete the following achievements to earn a coelenterate mount and title worthy of saviors of reality.

Glory of the Sepulcher Raider: Complete the listed Sepulcher of the First Ones raid achievements—Amidst Ourselves; Coming to Terms; Four Ring Circus; Power ON; Shimmering Secrets; The Protoform Matrix; We Are All Made of Stars; Where the Wild Corgis Are; Wisdom Comes From the Desert; Xy Never, Ever Marks the Spot; Damnation Aviation.

Mount Reward: Shimmering Aurelid

Mythic: The Jailer: Defeat The Jailer in Sepulcher of the First Ones on Mythic difficulty.

Title Reward: Guardian of the Pattern

TIME-LIMITED ACHIEVEMENTS

Those who defeat The Jailer on Heroic or Mythic difficulties prior to the next raid tier can earn these achievements that they can proudly /flex.

Ahead of the Curve: The Jailer—Defeat the Jailer in the Sepulcher of the First Ones on Heroic difficulty or higher before the release of the next raid tier.

Cutting Edge: The Jailer—Defeat Defeat The Jailer in the Sepulcher of the First Ones on Mythic difficulty before the release of the next raid tier.

1 Like