Best RP server?

Which RP server provides the best/friendliest atmosphere for learning to RP? Never done it before but would like to very much.

1 Like

Moonguard

16 Likes

I would vote for Wyrmrest Accord.

11 Likes

The correct answer is Moonguard

8 Likes

I’ve heard Moonguard has a bad reputation for ERP (which is not how I want to start out, lol)

2 Likes

Nah that’s mostly just Goldshire, which is pretty much a quarantine zone for the rest of the server.

10 Likes

Yeah just uh… avoid goldshire

6 Likes

Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord are usually the strongest recommended ones.

Both have very active RP scenes. I’d vote for Moon Guard, especially if you’re Alliance. And no the ERP is mostly just in Goldshire, the rest of the server is perfectly normal…ish. :smile:

6 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t say the ERP is only in goldshire. there is always the chance you’ll run into private ERP sessions on any RP server.

I’ve come across quite a few in the past on both servers, it isn’t moonguard specific

6 Likes

Moonguard if you want alliance, WRA if you want horde.

16 Likes

Honestly it depends personally and I’m going to get slammed for this properly but I do not like roleplayers who are so very far off the story I’m talking people who are vampires, worgen paladins, and ten foot tall gnomes go ahead and join moonguard. That server is great at times but I personally feel we shouldn’t embrace these type of characters.

5 Likes

Come visit me in Moon Guard my mysterious minx, I will take your hand and guide you gently through your virgin experience of role-playing, taking our time slowly, yet passionately. When you feel comfortable enough we will journey outwards into the grand world beyond in order to satisfy your inner most desires with reckless abandon.

/tentacleflip

17 Likes

Asana, Kiblee, you both have played on Moonguard (Moon Guard? - one word or two?) and Wyrmrest Accord? Did you have any experiences on either server that would made it significantly better than the other?

Darn it Lucifuge, you’re gonna scare him away! Shoo! Get!
Swats away with newspaper

5 Likes

but… that’s…

they aren’t gnomes if they’re ten feet tall!

3 Likes

I’ve played on both servers. Trying to be as neutral and objective as possible I would say Moon Guard is the best for Alliance RP and Wyrmrest Accord is the best server for Horde. Although on WrA you will still find decent Alliance RP, on the other hand it is not nearly as plentiful as Moon Guard.

3 Likes

If you are a Friend of Gnomes, WrA.

1 Like

I find that Moonguard is more lax in its character boundaries than WRA (though there are some very wacky and badly done characters running rampant in the community as a result) I think it’d be better for new RPers for that reason though partially

Only experience i’ve had with Alliance RP has been on moonguard though, haven’t really checked up WRA on that side though moonguard has the larger alli population if i remember correct

2 Likes

Love, if you want to discourage me, hitting me is going about things all the wrong ways. Please, continue.

/tentacleflip

5 Likes

Wyrmrest is the best. Why?

Because these are there.

/flex

4 Likes