Best Route Pandaria Pet Battle Quest

Over the last month, I have been using The beast of Fable quets and going around the continent doing all the daily quest for both pet and player XP. The BF quests do not give much pet XP for battling but the dailies do. I have tried a couple of different routes and I am trying to cut the travel time down to an hour or less and I was wondering if anyone has a route they take that seems efficient.

I haven’t done the Beasts of Fable ones in a while, but I run a circuit with the normal MoP and Elemental Spirits. Starting from the farm: Farmer Nishii, Aki, Kota Peak, Fire, guy by the lake with the fish swarm, guy by the insect dude hub, Water, monkey on the shore, lady at the shrines, I often stop there but you can go on to Air, Earth. During MoP, I know I did the Beasts of Fable along the way, so you just insert them at the appropriate spot on the spiral. (Feel free to have a laugh at my trainer descriptions - I think of them as the team I use… I figured that wouldn’t be helpful to you).

I don’t have an alt of the right level right now to get player exp, so I just had my new mage boost get Tillers rep to start appropriately on the farm instead of at the inn.

1 Like

I don’t pretend my way is the fastest, but I always started with the Earth Tamer, Courageous Yon, Fire Tamer, Seeker Zusshi, Wastewalker Shu, Water Tamer, Mo’ruk, Farmer Nishi, Aki the Chosen, Air Tamer, Hyuna of the Shrines, done.

Basically, it’s start at the Earth Tamer, move west by northwest to Yon, go down the west side, go to Mo’ruk, move up the middle, then down the east side.

Mine’s close to that; I do earth, yon, fire, zusshi, shu, water, aki, nishi, moruk, hyuna, air. After which I hearth to garrison and do that round.

I don’t know a way to fit the pandaria round into an hour without skipping some tamers; the sheer travel time just adds up. If you need to drop some I think I would skip moruk and go hyuna, air, earth, aki, nishi, water, shu, zushi, fire, yon (well, as many of those as you can fit into an hour). Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I will try your route, you basically confirmed what I was already thinking. I am going to try your route and see how it goes. Those MOP trainers are great for XP

The majority of your route efficiency will come from the teams you pick. My normal circuit includes all 6 WoD tamers and 11 MoP tamers + 1 extra (depends on which alt I am running and which teleports they have). I’m alliance, so there is that:

Start in Gorgrond
Cymre -> Gargra -> Tarr
Hearth to Shrine in Pandaria
Aki -> Nishi -> Mo’ruk -> Flowing Pandaren -> Shu -> Yon -> Burning Pandaren -> Zusshi
Hearth to Garrison
Ashlei -> Vesharr -> Taralune
Thundering Pandaren -> Whispering Pandaren -> Hyuna
Some other teleport to tamer of choice.

That’s done with the next to last fastest flying speed, guild hearth bonus, and teams tailored for speed (with decent stability). All can be done in an hour with the right teams. There is always a chance that a strat can fail (some RNG), but again, how often that happens depends on your teams. I’ve been running the circuit for a long time and with very few if any off nights. The tamer that causes me the most trouble is the whispering pandaren spirit (I need a more consistent team for it).

Since you are horde, I might change up the path a bit (untested):
Start in Nagrand (WoD)
Tarr -> Taralune -> Vesharr -> Ashlei
Aki -> Nishi -> Mo’ruk -> Flowing Pandaren -> Shu -> Yon -> Burning Pandaren -> Zusshi
Hearth to Garrison
Gargra -> Cymre
Thundering Pandaren -> Whispering Pandaren -> Hyuna
Some other teleport to tamer of choice.

Again, I don’t generally do a lot of pet battles horde side, so that is an attempt to mod my alliance path to better fit a horde garrison

EDIT: I generally avoid the beasts of fable. Terrible pet EXP and not as good player EXP since the tamers all have individual quests to turn in

1 Like

My Pandaria route takes me about 40 minutes. Of course, I’m not including Beasts of Fable.

Thundering (if you’re Horde, otherwise do Aki first.
Aki
Farmer
Mo’ruk
Hyuna
Whispering
(If you’re Alliance, pick up Thundering here)
Courageous
Burning
Zusshi
Wastewalker
Flowing

I generally skip the WoD tamers because it takes too long to fly around. But I would start with Tarr and go counter-clockwise.

The key is to use fast strategies, i.e. no Idols, snails, crabs or green dragons.

Edit: if you do the pandaria curcuit on an alt, your leftover time on your meat snacks will still be there next time you log in.

Since most of my toons are Alliance, my Draenor circuit starts with Ashlei, then Cymre, Gargra, Tarr, Taralune, Vesharr.

My method for getting a pet from 1 to 25 was always:

1. Put on your Safari hat.
  2. Use one level stone to level the pet to 2.
  3. Beat Aki the Chosen
  4. Beat Courageous Yon
  5. Beat Burning Pandaren Spirit
  6. Beat Flowing Pandaren Spirit
  7. Beat Mo’ruk
  8. At this point, pet is normally level 24, use a 2nd level stone to cap off.

But, let’s be honest here. These days, I just let my unleveled pets pile up until Squirt comes up in the Garrison during Pet Week, then I level them all at once.

1 Like

just curious, why would you do this?

Because Aki’s first attack kills a level 1 pet, but not a level 2 pet, and the strat that I use has me starting the fight with the level pet eating an attack before switching out.

Sounds wasteful. Why not start with the Earth Tamer, which will not kill a level one pet and doesn’t even require the carry pet to be brought in? Then you can move to Aki the Chosen and not worry about Aki defeating killing your carry pet.

Dunno. The strat I used was one I read about years ago, and didn’t really need to change it. Plus it was convenient to do 4 pet trainers in a row with the same level pet/anubisath/raven team.

I got hundreds of level stones anyway, so I don’t exactly feel like I need to conserve them. And, like I said, it’s not how I level my pets anymore anyway.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I didn’t realize that you did all four tamers with an Anubisath Idol and a Gilnean Raven. I wonder if your strats still work with the changes last expansion to the Gilnean Raven. Do they?

I believe so. I’ve done it since then.

My route takes an hour to do all the tamers and the nine Beasts of Fables. I’ve been doing the same route since the Pets came out in MoP.

But since you have a few ideas above I won’t bother listing mine. Once you do them for a few months you get in a rhythm and should do everything in one hour for your pet buff.

If you can get your hands on a P/P Zandalari Kneebiter (the P/P breed matters), you can do a level one carry:
1: Hunting Party
2: Hunting Party Continues
3: Leap (kills the cricket and gives you 100% speed)
4: Black Claw (The dragon kills you)
5: Select Clockwork Gnome and use Turret (dragon dies)
6: Swap to your carry pet (beaver dives)
7: Swap back to your clockwork gnome
8: Build Turret (2nd on)
9: Metal Fist till the beaver dies

That way you get a level 1 carry on Aki and it is relatively fast

4 Likes

I would love to know how you do all the tamers plus the beasts in an hour. My route takes me about 45 minutes, but I don’t do the beasts (what is the point?) The only ones that slow me down are the possible rng on Whispering, and Wastewalker Shu. Anyway, I think if I added nine more battles it would add at least a half hour. I am talking about power leveling my low-level pets too, btw.

With the right teams and route, the 11 MoP tamers (4 spirits + 7 regular) can take anywhere from 32-36mins.

I wouldn’t recommend bothering with beasts of fable. They are not worth the time.

However, you can do all 11 MoP tamers and 6 WoD tamers in under an hour (I can fit in a random 18th tamer most of the time). My earlier post details the route, however, a lot banks on what teams you decide to field.

Jere, I tested your route from above, and I was able to complete it in an hour on my Alliance Mage alt. My mage has a convenient portal to the shrine and I did have to repeat Seeker Zushi due to some rng crit’ness.

Then I decided to fly around to all the tamers just to see how long the flight time is (at fastest flight speed) and it was 20 minutes. This leaves 40 minutes, or 2.35 minutes per battle.

I was unable to do it on Horde just due to the proximity of the garrison and some really long flight times. It seemed to add at least 10 minutes even with attempting to substitute some of the longer flights with portals.

For anyone else interested, I would suggest just looking at the map (of Pandaria) and do a run until you come to a long flight, then portal. Use the shrine as a hub and try to plan at least 15 minutes between portals.

As far as getting the fastest strategies, Hiru’s Pet Battles on YouTube has some good ones, SaltyGolfish on YouTube, and Wowhead. Look for the fastest strategies with the least number of turns, not the ones that can be soloed by a snail or idol.