Best Route Pandaria Pet Battle Quest

Glad it worked out! I know there is a horde route that works. I did it on my horde paladin back in WoD days, but I forget the exact route. For Zushi try my custom strat (It should be listed on Xufu’s, but I think they switched out to a different bird for roster reasons):

1. P/P Fen Crab variant with Rip, Spiny Carapace, Blood in the water
    ALTS: P/P Frostshell Pincher, P/P Ironclaw Scuttler, P/P Kelp Scuttler, P/P Zangar Crawler, P/P Spineclaw Crab

2. Any level carry pet (level 1 and higher)

3. Veilwatcher Hatchling with Peck, Flock, Predatory Strike

R1: Spiny Carapace
R2: Rip
R3: Blood in the Water (Diamond dies to DoT if not BitW)
R4: Rip
R5: Spiny Carapace
R6: Rip (Your crab dies…Rip doesn’t actually land, but something to press)
R7: Select Carry Pet and immediately swap to Veilwatcher Hatchling
R8: Flock
R9: Flock continues (Mollus dies to DoT)
R10: Flock continues
R11: Predatory Strike (Skimmer can often die here if heals are low)
R12: Peck will finish off Skimmer

Note that the P/P breed does matter for stability

I found Zusshi a bit tedious until I picked up that strat from Xu-Fu’s site. but now it’s one of the easiest battles, and I love being able to safely include a level one. Thanks, if it was your suggestion.

Now can you devise a strat for surviving the experience on a level 10? :wink:
I manage the battle, but coping with that basilisk close-by always leads to a death or two before I can get to the shore, start the battle and then roll back to my rock in the lake.

Of course I could camp Zusshi on a higher level toon, but that would be no fun.

Thanks for the tip. I use Jademist Dancer and Chi-Chi, but I realize not everyone has those pets so I don’t really advertise it. I think yours is much better for people who don’t have 2 days to farm the Jademist, and however many months it takes to endure Celestial tournament (/joking.)

Just that one time Chi-Chi got an unlucky crit from Mollus and dropped below her racial. I use Wild Magic and Alpha Strike, and then Ethereal the Pump. I always swap in the carry pet for the sleep.

1 Like

I didn’t end up picking them due to the availability. I was balancing speed and stability more than anything. At the time I created the team (WoD), it was the fastest team for a level 1 carry vs Zusshi (hard to beat 11-12 rounds for a level 1 carry). I haven’t revisited it since. There’s probably higher power pets with flock/pred strike…I just haven’t checked.

How fast is the Chi-Chi + Jademist combo round-wise? I’ve never tried it

Looks like yours is two rounds fewer, but the animation on Flock is kinda long, so maybe pretty close time wise. I will definitely try yours next time I do my rounds, but I love Chi-Chi so much. . .
P/S Jademist Dancer
1-Acid Rain
2-Steam Vent
3-Rain Dance
4-Steam Vent (crit?)
5-Steam Vent (if Diamond is alive)
6-Steam Vent (after this, Mollus Dives)
7-Acid Rain (Mollus Kills Jademist Dancer)
8-Enter Chi-Chi - Wild Magic
9-Alpha
10-Alpha
11-Alpha
12-Wild Magic on Skimmer
13-Swap Carry to soak sleep
14-Ethereal
15-Alpha

I’ve been using this strat and it works like a charm. Thanks for sharing it.

(Made me aware that many of my strats were inefficient out of necessity when I had a much smaller collection, and the ones I’m using now are in serious need of an update.)

What is this trick you speak of?

Squirt is the only one of those Garrison pet battles that awards xp like a trainer instead of like a wild pet battle.

When the weekly event is pet battles, and you get triple xp from pets, you can level a pet from 1 to 25 in, like, 2 battles, and because she’s a garrison battle, you can just fight her over and over again.

You just have to wait until she’s up and the weekly event is up at the same time.

Thank you very much!! :smiley:

I look forward to the next Pet Week

1 Like

Be aware though that there’s a lot more than 7 garrison pet battles, so it can take several Pet Weeks to come and go before you get them both up at the same time.

Still, I consider it worth waiting 3-4 months to be able to quickly and easily level any pet that I’ve collected during that time.

You mean there is RNG in this too??? aaaaggggghhhhhhh :laughing:

Actually, no, it’s not RNG, there’s just a rotation you have to wait to line up.

checks the schedule

If you’re on a NA server, then the next one is May 24.

:cry:

I consider the wait to be well worth not having to run all over Pandaria just to level 1 pet.

1 Like

Well, there is that! :smiley:

Although, I currently have 5 alts parked all over Pandaria for pet battles…

1 Like

Please bear in mind, if you use both the Pet Treat and the Lesser Pet treat, Squirt will level a pet from 1 to 25 in four battles. Not quite as good as Super Squirt (which refers to Squirt during bonus week, where you can level it in two battles – the treats don’t add enough bonus to shorten it to one battle, so the treats are pointless in this case), but still excellent.

1 Like

Or you can level pets from 1 to 24 in 3 battles, using Safari Hat and both treats against Squirt, and stone them for the final level.

And my advice is not to wait for the infrequent Super Squirt to level all your pets, especially if you’re a beginner. Yes, it’s a wonderful way to level your pets, but you’ll never be able to level all the pets you’re going to collect between now and then in just one day.

Take the leveling opportunities as they come, and whittle away at the pets you need to level. Yes, Super Squirt will allow you to level more pets in less time than you have ever done before, but if you’re still building your collection, you’re going to have far more pets than you could possibly do in one day.

1 Like

No problem at all! Glad it was helpful.