Best Goblin Class Options--minus Rogue and Hunter

I’m not a huge Rogue fan, no matter how much I want to be; so, for all intents and purposes, I’m not considering that class for any race atm. And I already have 5 hunters, so I needn’t one more.

What other classes do you really enjoy playing as a Goblin and why?

I’m ok with my female Goblin warlock. They have nice (if obviously excessive) cast animations. Of course, I don’t play her much and at least half of the reason I even made her was because I wanted to get green fire.

3 Likes

I love the Gun-wielding idle animation of male Goblin back in the day. They changed that however, I was so disappointed.

Excluding rogue either hunter or warlock fit the best imo

Hunter is out, as I have enough of them already. (My apologies for not mentioning that in my OP. Methinks that I now shall go edit it.)

Shaman has splishy splash and all the cash

9 Likes

Splishy splash, you say? Hmm… I’ve a few Shamans, but being that not one is a Goblin, they don’t display splishy splash. Perhaps I need to consider yet another Shaman… LOL

I find that Goblin Shaman is quite fitting because Goblin Shamans make deals with the elements instead of traditional Shamanism and we all know Goblins got the best deals anywhere! :smiley:

Besides: Gold is a very specific kind of earth. Goblin Shamans can literally talk to their gold. Which Goblin wouldn’t want that?

6 Likes

Barber. :grinning:

just kidding: Hairdresser! :kissing_closed_eyes:

for real though:

my guild lead is a goblin shaman… i think goblins make great shamans.

their totems look cool, and the lore behind goblin shamans is interesting and opens up a lot of cool characterization and lore depth for all goblins, shamans, and elementals, which added lots of potential.

he’s a great person. and very clever. he’s earned my respect over the last 10 years. and he totally didn’t pay me to write any of this. at all.

6 Likes

Honestly I really dont like that the female goblins only have one casting animation for both AoE type spells and targeted spells. Female vulpera are based on their model and have different animations for both types, so hopefully they get added in the revamp to female goblins.

2 Likes

sweats nervously

2 Likes

Cough every class Cough

goblin mage checking in

4 Likes

I’m getting the impression that Goblin shaman is a popular combo. It’s one that I don’t see a lot in the game; when I did spy a Goblin Shaman a few days ago, I felt rather gleeful at the sight of her whirligig totems.

And, thus, your suggestion to me is warrior, priest, shaman, mage, warlock or DK (since rogue and hunter don’t apply to me). Well, that about narrows it down. But of those–and besides shaman–mage does seem potentially interesting. (I also have dabbled in the mage class but not nearly maxed one.)

And here’s a mage, as if right on cue… :grin:

1 Like

Assuming we don’t get Tinker? Warlock or Shaman.

Making loaded deals with demons/elementals, fun times.

3 Likes

Is there any serious mumbling from Blizz that we might get a Tinker class or is it just players’ wishful thinking?

I do like this idea of making deals with demons and elementals. I have a Nightborne warlock, though, and find her to be enough; so, that said, warlock likely is out as an option. But I still will do a class trial, just in case… (I already have done a class trial for a Goblin mage and shaman tonight, to see how they look casting their spells. Of the two, I prefer the shaman.)

I say buck the trends and go with one of the two classes that make the least sense for gobos, Warrior or Priest.

5 Likes

Just wishful thinking.

It could happen but there’s no indication whatsoever.

The 3 most popular Classes the playerbase dreams about are Necromancers, Tinkers and Bards. But Necromancers suffer heavy opposition from DKs and Warlocks afraid of the “Demon Hunter” effect, while Bards suffer heavy opposition from the “WoW is serius busness” crowd. Tinkers go around mostly unopposed.

3 Likes

Priest! Heal everyone with the holy light that shines off gold :wink:

3 Likes

LOL I like the way you think. I’ll do a class trial for warrior and priest, as well, just to be fair in terms of viewing all the basic spell animations for the Goblin. I likely won’t end up playing a priest, but a warrior… Hmmm…