Bernard Hill, Voice of Tirion Fordring (Also Theoden King in LotR) Has Passed Away

Oh that’s right! King Terenas himself!

3 Likes

I remembered hearing the intro for the first time and thinking, woah, the dude from Terminator

3 Likes

He does kinda sound like Bernard Hill but Tirion is voiced by this guy

I’m still doing another ICC run though

1 Like

It is also cool when you hear a voice actor from WoW in other media. Like Jennifer Hale (voice of many WoW characters, most recently Merithra of the Green Dragonflight) replaced the original Jean Grey voice actor in the X-men 97 revival.

I’m still sleuthing around the internet and can’t find concrete information on if or if not Bernard Hill was officially Tirion. It seems like a lot of people say he was Tirion in Wrath, but not Tirion in Legion. Either way, I’m not editing my post. Just blows my mind something you believe for over a decade might not be real lol.

2 Likes

Yup and I always joke that I’m fighting Commander Shepard in Nighthold because Commander Shepard and Elisande are both Jennifer Hale

2 Likes

i cant stand jennifer hales voice.

1 Like

Yeah, for me it isn’t that I can’t stand it, it is that every character she voices sounds the same. She does sound like the original Jean Grey a lot though in X-men the animated series.

1 Like

Jim Cummings also voices soooo many characters in WoW and no matter what whenever I hear him I can only see Darkwing Duck :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

3 Likes

heh yeah with that one I just kept thinking “Okay Illusive Man keep blabbering”

4 Likes

May he rest in peace.

2 Likes

Ride forth, Eorlingas. Ride for ruin and the world’s ending.

6 Likes

Now I’m imagining Tiron Fordring saying, “you have no power here.”

2 Likes

I wish his family comfort and peace

5 Likes

Oh no, now we have to wait and see if we are gonna get wrong-sounding NPCs.

2 Likes

Negative. Bernard Hill never did any voices in WOW. Tirion has been voiced by Floyd Van Buskirk since he first had a voice in game (during WOTLK).

The only thing accurate about this post is that Bernard Hill did die. But he never did any voice work on any Blizzard games.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness I didn’t realize he was Tirion. :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was talking about. Wowpedia had him credited but then took that off of there. Replaced it with Floyd. That’s what created the confusion.

1 Like

Wowpedia was wrong then. Floyd has always been Tirion’s VA. Bernard has never been involved with any Blizzard games. The only game he ever did any voice work for is Fable 3.

I can’t say for sure that wowpedia never had Bernard’s name on there…if they did they were wrong.

1 Like

He wasn’t. Tirion has been voiced by Floyd Van Buskirk since his first voiced appearance in WOTLK. The OP either made it up or is mistaken. Bernard Hill has never done voice work for any Blizzard games.

1 Like

Ah… okay, thanks. It’s still sad to lose another good actor. :frowning:

3 Likes