Bernard Hill, Voice of Tirion Fordring (Also Theoden King in LotR) Has Passed Away

Truly one of the coolest characters in WC lore and brought to life marvelously by Bernard Hill. Tirion was so epic because of him. Wrath was one of the best expansions and part of that is due to Tirion being so memorable.

Just thought I’d share so Bernard Hill is remembered today. RIP Highlord!

54 Likes

Excellent actor and someone who has been in my “life” for a whole lot longer than Wow has. RIP.

5 Likes

Ooof.

Guess I’ll run ICC to listen to his voice again

totally has nothing to do with the fact I still don’t have Invincible

9 Likes

Thats a shame. Rest in peace.

6 Likes

1 Like

I always thought he had the best vocal performance in the entire game. Which isn’t saying much by WoW standards but the bar was set high back then and never eclipsed since imho.

3 Likes

Rip. What an amazing actor!

3 Likes

25 Likes

Wait, did he voice him? I can’t find anything that credits him with the role.

3 Likes

Rest in peace, my guy. You will be sorely missed.

7 Likes

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPy0JLnXFtI

3 Likes

That would be a serious case of the Mandela effect then because everyone back in WotLK believed it was Bernard Hill.

2 Likes

I know, I remember hearing it as well! And still thought so when I saw your post. But just looking now (and I am still looking) I cannot find anything.

1 Like

He was until Legion when they changed the vo to Floyd Van Buskirk. So now when you Google it Floyd comes up.

4 Likes

Oh no kidding. Did they even redo his previous lines?

1 Like

“16 October 2019 WOTLK credit removed (IMDB/Wowpedia cited as references)”

I’m not sure. Now I feel like a goofball. But he was, beyond a doubt, still great. And Theoden King was awesome.

3 Likes

I never saw that they did that. He was just credited up until a certain point and it changed.

1 Like

Y’all, this is fascinating! There are so many famous faces sprinkled throughout the cast! Nozdormu is Martin Sheen!

3 Likes

He deserves some sort of memorial in-game, besides the character.

6 Likes

I remember the Martin Sheen one too. That was surprising. Earl Boen was also pretty well known and he did all the race intro vo.

4 Likes