Being able to hide yourself?

I have noticed a few folks who posted who their mains are as well. Kinda weird how the new forums are working on different folks. Im not saying this as an argument, but more of an alongside kinda statement.

Oh no, you are correct. It used to. Maybe they haven’t fully implemented it yet.

How do you hide your profile?

Ten Years Later…

Oh hey! The Armory now shows all progression! Neat! :rainbow:

haha :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

You forgot italics.

If you change to an Alt, then you can view your armoury.

I don’t know if you can view it with the character that you are on. I guess you don’t need to see yourself.

Although, I like looking at my characters, so I think this is odd.

Hey, good news! Threads don’t cap out here on the new forums.

So you don’t need to feel compelled to spend any time being an armory monitor and attempting to shoo people out of a discussion based on whether you feel they are worthy to express an opinion on it or not from your own personal rulebook about conserving space in internet forums.

We have all the room now! :grin:

7 Likes

That’s been an established fact since Ancient Greece. Plato wrote about it in Book 2 of The Republic. He tells the story of a Shepherd who finds the Ring of Gyges, a magical ring that will render the wearer invisible. Back then, Shepherds were considered to be the pinnacle of purity, virtue, morals, ethics, etc. Plato explored the notion of could any person really resist all temptation to do whatever they wanted if they knew for a fact there was no possible way for them to get caught. The answer was a resounding “No” as the Shepherd uses the ring to seduce the Queen, murder the King, and take the throne for himself.

The same applies here. But what people forget is that while we have varying levels of anonymity from each other, Blizzard sees all. So while we my be “invisible” to each other the mods are the ever-watching Eye of Sauron, to borrow another literary reference, that blazes in that realm of invisibility.

That’s awesome to know Lull. No more thread number ten of blah blah blah thread, although I found very few of those threads actually worth my attention anyway.

It isn’t only the armory that is showing though - it shows exactly what you liked and who liked you as well as your stats.

Even all the blues and greens have gone to hiding this stuff because nothing good can come from sharing that information.

I don’t care of people want to hide themselves so long as they aren’t doing it so they can troll without being criticized. I am a little surprised Blizz put that feature in though.

Yet you seek to control others, it’s one thing to tell people hey this is against forum coc when they are violating it. It’s entirely another when you are busy policing threads trying to shoo people out.
Who do you think you are? You talk about others being toxic yet you exhibit this behavior yourself. You have no right to control us. You’re not the forum police, not even close.

3 Likes

I don’t mind people seeing that I liked something they said.

If it becomes problematic later down the road, I will think about going private, but I don’t really ruffle feathers, so I don’t see a problem with staying public, for now.

Except I have three accounts here total.
do you think Im going to use my main accounts to post here knowing the stalking that goes on?

1 Like

I don’t think these new forums have italics!
The little thingy on the bottom is gone!
/sad.
I do not know how I will do proper emphasis!!!

You don’t need italics. You never needed italics. The italics were in your heart this entire time.

1 Like

Simple trolling, perhaps. But the large majority of the ugliest, most toxic content on this forum is posted on mains (or at least well-progressed 120s). Many posters are well-known for exactly that.

Now Asmongold can roast you even more lol

That’s exactly creeping. Why do you care that I have no interest in Uldir? I haven’t even bothered with LFR because the entire thing just doesn’t appeal to me.

1 Like