Being able to hide yourself?

Noticed some people are hiding themselves from people viewing their profile on fourms. I believe this will attract even more people who want to troll or complain about something they have no idea about.

Side note: still able to view progress on wow progress or using a 3rd party so not completely hidden

4 Likes

I think there’s a bug. I can’t even access my own armory from my “activity” page or my avatar. I don’t have it hidden under interface options either. If I want to see my armory, I have to manually type it in or bookmark it.

Unfortunately there’s a way to hide everything from everyone lol. But also that’s weird, I see mine just fine and yours

EDIT: can’t see yours anymore

People have this incredibly misguided notion that anonymity quells toxicity. They appear to be blind to the fact that most toxicity stems from it.

5 Likes

I can access your activity page or armory by clicking on your avatar. When I click on my own, all I get is activity. Seems to be hit or miss with others.

We must revive the hamster!

The little guy must be tuckered out!

:hamster::hamster::hamster:

4 Likes

I don’t really like that tbh. I agree it can add more trolling and what not.

1 Like

I don’t know how to “unhide” myself. I have the box unchecked but I still can’t access my own armory. Can anyone else see mine?

1 Like

I feel if your able to see who somebody is most of the time it’ll keep people from posting dumb things. I know people tried to use alts to post before to keep them hidden but still i agree, don’t think this will really keep people from being toxic.

Why are people so concerned over anyone “hiding” themselves? Like, how does it affect you personally? Are you in fear of it?

IF someone who is “hiding” himself says something actually reportable, then report him and let blizz deal with it.

Just because someone is “hiding” himself doesn’t at all mean he is doing something bad or wrong. I think YOU are doing something bad or wrong to judge him for that.

19 Likes

Seems to be a problem with a lot of people atm lolol

Part of the reason for this would be armory trolling.

For example: in a previous discussion we were talking about raid mechanics and LFR etc, one person snobbily replied “LOL you only did 2 bosses in LFR” - I was and am in fact 6/8 N Uldir with one boss - Mythrax - in LFR.

But those bosses are NOT acct wide achieves, so in fact he was dead WRONG…if I do them on another toon (and I have more than one and they are on BOTH sides so I have progress no one but me knows about) then they dont show on the profile.

Truth be told its annoying and its trolling at its worst, ESPECIALLY when what they say as a result of viewing said profile is flat out wrong. Ive left mine public for now, later if this garbage continues it will go private.

I now have three 120’s that have done various things…but THIS profile for THIS toon doesnt tell you that…so whatever details you get from one profile does NOT give you the full picture across the board.

Why do you need to see a persons armory anyway? To pick apart their progress as a way of continuing a discussion?

In all truth, converse with me on what I say, not what a cursory and misleading profile sweep tells you.

Address the message, not the messenger.

16 Likes

I understand somewhat why, but most of the time people talk about things they have no idea about. Such as the mythic armor things, and why it was good to switch armor. People who never did higher content didn’t get it and said it was pointless. Or how people who are lfr heros complain about mythic even though they never did it.
Dosnt really matter tho, they can still greif you through wow progress or a 3rd party.

If you don’t want people Talking about your progress then do the content.

I feel like most of this is from backlash of people crying about asmondgold bullying on fourms.

If you are spouting crap about master looter being gone being a good thing for example but you only raid lfr you have no horse in the race and your opinion is wasting thread cap and you deserve to be shouted down.

When the messenger makes themselves/their opinion part of the message then you address both.

3 Likes

Or how people who are lfr heros complain about mythic even though they never did it

Kelvias

Case in point.

I could theoreticaly have a toon on a realm you know nothing about and may have done several mythic clears…and therefore you actually do not know what people have or have not done.

Or how people who are lfr heros complain about mythic even though they never did it.

Yet unless you know what toon I was on and what realm, you dont know what I or others may or may not have done.

If you are spouting crap about master looter being gone being a good thing for example but you only raid lfr you have no horse in the race and your opinion is wasting thread cap and you deserve to be shouted down.

With respect, what people may or may not discuss here is not your call.

When the messenger makes themselves/their opinion part of the message then you address both.

So, lets say for example, I was to comment on alchemy issues, this toon isnt an alchemist…yet my opinion needs to be “shouted down”?

I think not.

11 Likes

If anything, when you click a profile, it would be nice if it displayed your accounts achievements so it would be easier to back up your own progress without being discredited for not having the achievement on an alt.

2 Likes

Then do what i do, post on your main if you are getting into a discussion on the relevant content. No one can derail the thread by saying i’ve never done the content if i am posting from the char that is the proof that i do do it.

Don’t post from alts in threads relevant to experience you don’t have on that char and this ceases to be a problem at all.

4 Likes

Then show the toon you were on?

If not get blasted, for lfr progress or wait… I got it… The next big thing, blasting people for hiding profiles… Doesn’t matter you’ll get hounded either way.

Show what toon I was on?

Nope.

None of your business actually.

11 Likes

Then get lost lfr hero

3 Likes