Being able to hide yourself?

Use the little *** thingy

/italics

hiding is bad ; people will just assume the worst!

if you just stole a candy bar, do you look more suspicious acting casual or trying to hide between the rows?

heh

Then he truly has no life, if he has to harass GD forum posters the man is a bigger loser than I had previously thought. He can’t even come up with anything his videos are all of him reacting to other people’s work, profiting off of their labors by making shock faces in his stream, and then getting money from suckers for insulting others instead of actually doing something constructive like Yongyea, or Bellular gaming. Maybe when he takes the time to do the work that these people do on their videos I will take the time to watch them.

1 Like

What is the *** thingy?
I tried /italics and that does not seem to work.

It’s OK! You have to be level 10 to post now, and that will fix things!

Here pin this thread and you can go back and forth. It shows how to do italics too.New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features - #150 by Ulminia-zangarmarsh

Edited to add that didn’t quite work out how I wanted I was trying to copy the syntax, But you should be able to do your italics now.

1 Like

This is absolutely no different than posting on a shadow alt, or a level 1 forum troll.

Agreed. Anonymity serves no purpose except to be worse to people because there are no consequences.

But “muh privacy!”

But “muh privacy!”

Yes. Privacy. Get used to it…for the next twenty years privacy and the Net will go hand in hand.

The * put it on either side of what you want italicized,

Same thing here for me.

Was honestly curious about this. Thanks for the information. :rainbow:

There was a site that allowed you to track alts and figure out someones main. That was years ago and someone actually managed to find me in the game to have a go at me. What happens on these forums should stay here and not be dragged into the game. Some of you people just get too carried away with your “emotions”.

3 Likes

Your experience and ability are both important to keep in mind with your message. There is no message about the difficulty of something like m+ that I would accept from someone like you, for example. People make unsubstantiated claims, you very often do. So yeah, you might as well make your profile private because it’ll give you just as much credibility as you have now.

Actually, your opinion holds no weight because of what you have done in the game and how you present yourself.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

Your opinion will be as valid as someone else’s when it has merit.

1 Like

Being able to hide our profile is a good way to cut down on the Profile Stalkers. Not everyone posts on their main, but the Profile Stalker trolls use people’s profiles in an attempt to deplatform someone. If your own argument cannot stand without deplatforming the person you’re disagreeing with, your argument sucks and fails.

3 Likes

This isn’t a debate in philosophy. Most of the ‘arguments’ that people have are only relevant if they have the experience to back them up. I don’t know where people get the idea that they have a free license to say whatever crap they can think of and if anyone dismisses it (because it should be based on your experience) then they have a problem with their counter argument. That isn’t how the world works. No reasonable person is going to look passed your lack of experience or ability and treat what you are saying as completely legitimate whether you hide your profile or not. That’s why no one has ever cared about what a shadow alt posts or takes what Rastlin says seriously.

Most of the Profile Stalking happens in arguments where experience is irrelevant.

5 Likes

Not even remotely true. Can you give me an example of that? I only ever see people pointing out that perhaps Rastlin’s post about mythic+ dungeons being overtuned might have something to do with him wearing a blockades trinket as a enhance shaman. That is the person you are actually advocating for. You are suggesting that we ignore that and treat his ‘argument’ as though it has merit.

People complain about how leveling now is worse than leveling in classic. You point out that they started in wrath. That happens a lot.

Someone says they like cheerios. Someone points out that they don’t have AotC. That doesn’t happen.

I would say that it’s about a 98% chance when someone points out something from their profile, logs, wowprogress, etc that it is highly relevant and maybe it doesn’t make sense in 1-2% of cases and in those cases it is pointed out.

We clearly are not going to agree.
And yes, I could provide examples, if I cared enough to do that. However, I do not care that much, and even if I did, I can already tell you would not accept the examples even if I dug them up.

This is why I said that I don’t care enough to look up examples. If this is what you really believe I’m referring to, it’s not worth my care or time to clear it up for you.

I’m glad I can hide my profile now. If you’re the type of person who Profile Stalks, you’re the type of person who puts more weight on the character than what the person is saying. As I said, a lot of people don’t post on their main. I don’t weigh in topics that I don’t think I’m qualified to participate in. Even then I’ve had people Profile Stalk me.

I mained a Human Paladin last expansion. I raided heroic on her. But my forum presence is Sintestra. I had people telling me I didn’t know anything about numerous fights because they pointed at Sin’s profile, who was not even 110 for the majority of the expansion.

I will say it again, if you have to resort to Profile Stalking, your argument is weak, it sucks, and it fails.

5 Likes