Behold Lord Kaivax, the solution to the LFD Faction War

There is no compromise needed. There is no LFD. What is there to compromise about? If you don’t like it, feel free to quit? But most people won’t so who cares. Either learn to form groups or cry about it. I will be having a blast playing WoTLK Classic, with no LFD.

Holding LFD back while the dungeons can reasonably run without it is a compromise. The people who love chat pugging get to do so for a reasonable time then, when LFD starts being more important, it gets added.

There are a number of different arguements depending on implementation.

1. Sets dungeons (including heroics) up as trivial weekly chores to get your filler slots you havent gotten raid pieces for yet. If thats all its for why have it?

2. If your allowed to mass queue as indemand classes disparity in gearing for Ret Paladin vs Rogues for example where the Ret can queue as tank and get X times as much badges per week.

3. Its not really needed if the LFG tool is actually good like the retail version, and so if its not needed why have it.

4. Alters the best leveling options to running dual gathering professions and farming mats while waiting for queue pops (as questing at max level is more gold).

5. Removes the incentive to world pvp premax level on PvP servers as you can just stay in town and level if its rough out there (this can be good or bad) in theory though this opens the doors for PvE to PvP transfers as is Steve who leveled the whole time in Stormwind was on a pvp or pve server doesnt really matter anymore does it?.

6. Trolling in the LFD causing people to need to take deserter debuffs so they cant dungeon for a period of time. Making a manual group of pugs would be impossible so you would get a half hour or so timeout which will cause people to log off

7. Generally a feeling the community would misuse the RDF in a degenerate fashion and make the game less enjoyable.

Personally I am playing a tank and a healer for Wrath so I would be fine with RDF but I still prefer not to have it in heroics (ideally for no content at all but I am willing to give ground on normal and leveling dungeons as while it wont be as fun for a new person as experiencing the game it will help new people get up to max level and get enough gear to do heroics).

But LFD isnt important, and thats the disconnect between the two groups some people think LFD is mandatory for the game to be playable and others disagree with this assessment but if it exists it becomes the “only” way to get groups.

Just like right now the TBC LFG tool is not used because the Addon is “better”. Neither tool is actually good for finding dungeons or raids so I am happy Blizzard is looking at a way to get a better LFG tool.

People who are having problems getting a group now would disagree that LFD isn’t important, what I’ve found is it’s typically people who don’t have a problem getting a group now and are incapable of understanding that others do who think it’s unimportant. And no what LFD replaces is chat pugging, it does not replace forming groups with friends and guildies just like you do now.

And while a better LFG Tool will be nice it doesn’t really address the same problems LFD does.

It’s so funny to me that people like you seem to be more ok with decisions bad enough they cause the game to die, rather than accepting use of a tool that brought additional play value for so many. Its really…well, dumb and short-sighted, honestly.

1 Like

Heroics are already a daily chore to get badges. Join a group, clear dungeon without any communication…move onto next dungeon.

The rogue chose to be a rogue…

Well at least the boost sellers will have a better place to sell those without spamming chat.

People already do this…how does RDF change that?

Are there many true PVP servers anymore or are they mostly mega servers…I know on benediction the most of the horde I see are flipping towers in Hellfire.

If trolling is your concern then we shouldn’t have any games that interact with other people.

This is the first time I have heard this argument that people are bad so we shouldn’t have it.

I also play a healer and would love to have RDF.

I see you’re familiar with the title conventions of certain three initial social organizations.

In what way can a person be gathering 24/7 get a dungeon instantly appear in the instance do the dungeon and then instantly reappear where they left off the farming route?

You can get to the dungeon with summon stones but I dont know of anything that currently gets you right back to your farm location.

There is currently travel time which means you need to consider do I keep farming or is this dungeon run tempting enough to be worth the time it takes to get back on my farming path.

Dang, you got me! There is some travel time now…those 2 minutes really was a HUGE oversight for me. Good thing you are here or someone might have gotten an extra mining node…

LFD and LFG both replace chat pugging which is why with a good LFG tool LFD is not mandatory to play the game.

Grouping with friends and guild members takes place outside of any ingame tool or addon, we are purely discussing pug groups here of which there are multiple options each with pros and cons

1. Current TBC LFG tool clunky interface and hardly used currently, when used it will show current group size and classes (not specs) - F tier

2. LFG Bulliten board - gathers all LFG posts and displays those from the last X seconds (some customisation to remove sale spam or focus on specific content), does not show current group size or composition - C tier usable but replacable by better options

3. LFD - auto queues for random dungeon in your level range or random endgame dungeon - S tier for getting into groups group quality and composition is random

4. Retail style LFG - manual queues will show group leader your class and preferred role - A tier for getting groups going, composition is set by group leader, group quality is random without the use of logging sites.

Either 3 or 4 would be sufficient for Wrath, I prefer LFG over LFD but there is no need for 2 pugging tools in the game.

You asked for reasons why I am against LFD I mentioned some, I still have not seen any compelling reasons from the pro LFD side about why the tool is required.

How about you go and list the reasons why LFD is good for the game?

Edit: Note teleport to dungeon isnt a compelling reason as apparently all content is just 2 minutes away from wherever I am in game as per your most recent post.

Doesn’t matter because I believe it’s too much work for Blizz to implement dungeon finder in Wrath. I remember an interview back in Retail Wrath where they said something to the effect of “We wanted RDF in from the start but it was delayed due to technical issues”. They either can’t, or don’t want to, spend the time implementing it in the game.

The leveling community is INCREDIBLY small at the moment in TBC. Outside of mega servers you wont see many people. This is due to a variety of factors such as:

• people already had multiple characters at level 60 in classic before tbc launch, removing alts from the 1-60 leveling pool
  • Blizzard added paid boosts which already put new players ahead of the 1-58 level bracket
  • Some people are finding the leveling journey too tedious outside of their first character and just boost.

Many of these issues are going to STILL be a problem in Wotlk. I for instance already have 5 70s, which is 5 characters i wont be leveling from 1-70 in wotlk with. Making the pool of characters level 1-70 even smaller come wotlk.

You then also have the issue of player droubt as you move further into an expansion. When TBC launched normals and heroics were going constantly. But nown in P5 so many alts are passed the point of doing normals and heroic dungeons. Thus the player pool for these dungeons is severely diminished (ESPECIALLY on non-mega servers). If LFD was launched how the OP has laid out, as content becomes less run by the bulk of the community, that content is added to LFD to provide cross-realm suppprt to the population of players who need that content.

I think many pro-LFD players care less about the teleportation and automated group making (though both arent a big deal in my eyes) and are asking for it to help connect players do content where there are not many people left to group with.

I haven’t seen any compelling reasons why it shouldn’t be part of the game.

This solution really only fixes alt leveling. I’m not ok with this because I’ve gotten all my alts leveled and still want a working rdf.

And I… Pleb priest Dwaindibbley, endorse this proposal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.