Behavior warning for boosting

Doing M+ carries for gold is NOT against TOS. Why are people still confused on this, it has been discussed many times. I only advertise in trade services channel and still getting reported

Stop reporting people for advertising carries if they are doing it in trade services channel.

10 Likes

Did you get an actual warning, or did someone just say they were reporting you?

8 Likes

Long as you are advertising on the character you will be using to do the boost, then no… its not against the TOS.

If you are advertising on a toon, for another character/group … then yes, its against TOS.

25 Likes

And did you get an actual account action, or did you just get a warning that people were reporting you?

Also, are you advertising on a character who could theoretically participate in the carrying (i.e. not a level 1 character)?

Are your ads running decently spaced out so people don’t view it as annoying spam?

As long as those criteria are met, and you haven’t gotten an actual ding from Blizzard, don’t sweat it.

7 Likes

if you got a warning, you were doing something wrong.

EDIT: tired of getting the same reply. I wasn’t aware of how behavior warnings worked. Thank you all for educating me.

4 Likes

Yes I had a behavior warning from blizzard show up on my screen saying my conduct was out of line or whatever.

I advertise on this character which is max level. I understand that I could appeal if I actually got chat banned or my acct was suspended.

But just frustrating that people still don’t know that boosting for gold and advertising in trade services is not a TOS violation. in fact trade services was created for the purpose of advertising carries

Oh yeah the report system famously is flawless and has never been abused or misused Genius!

8 Likes

This is correct. There was a debate in one of my WoW FB groups about boosters and how some players report, no matter what.

It’s not right and Blizz needs a better filtering system

1 Like

Reported

/10char

16 Likes

Thats funny, but I do think it’s against the forum TOS to make topics about disciplinary actions. I’ll check back later to see if this thread gets 404’d out of curiosity.

2 Likes

As someone who has successfully appealed more than once, I assure you this is not always the case.

5 Likes

A in-game warning via mail is not a sign of wrongdoing. It’s simply telling you that you’ve received an influx of reports which usually means you’re doing something the community isn’t a big fan of.

If you’re sure you’re not doing anything wrong, you’re more than safe to disregard it!

1 Like

You’re probably right, but NOT getting reported in game is pretty easy to do. Ive never been actioned in game, since vanilla.

I assumed the OP was spamming to fast and irritating people, or some other minor thing. I think what bugs me about the post is that there was no action against the OP, but he still wanted to complain about it on the forums

2 Likes

Long as you understand that those players will not stop reporting you… probably expect more contact from Blizzard.

2 Likes

It’s getting clearer why you were reported.

7 Likes

Behavior warnings don’t do anything. It’s just a notification that people are reporting you.

4 Likes

I’d wager there were some choice words in chat as well.

3 Likes

as a fan of your trolling, I assume you’ve gotten your fair share. So i’ll take this as gospel

3 Likes

I’m not a troll. :cry:

No, it’s just…how the system works. Basically a little “hey, people don’t like what you’re doing”. Whether or not the reports do anything are another matter, but basically it’s just a little friendly reminder to maybe rethink what you’re doing.

3 Likes

I took a break before they added the Trade Services channel and I didn’t know about it. It turns out I was automatically added to the Trade Services channel and regular Trade chat was not enabled.

I got so fed up with all the advertisements I went to leave what I thought was Trade chat and that’s when realized I was in Trade Services this whole time.

I never joined Trade Services on purpose and I sure wouldn’t have turned that on and turned normal Trade off, so I don’t know how that happened.

ANYWAY, if that happened to me, maybe it has happened to other people too. They might think they are in normal Trade chat and are reporting boosting service advertisements.

3 Likes

I meant trolling in the nicest possible sense.