Begging for May 1st date announcement

That seems pretty reasonable…

1 Like

Why not today?

Its a Tuesday after all.

5 Likes

Gives them time to talk about it.

Sure but you’re not the first thread to ask. If they were going to talk about it, they’ve already been doing it.

True but I’m lt wagz

1 Like

May the 4th be with you young Skywalker

1 Like

Begging for them to not announce it until the day it goes live.

1 Like

That’s not even summer yet. And in software, when someone says “summer”, they mean “end of summer, or early fall”.

What’s the point of announcing it? 8.2 on live is looking to be June-July, and they wont release classic in competition with this patch; so at best you’re lookin at August. Probably August 6th, if i had to put money on it.

Announcement of the release date will be before May.

September 23, the last day of summer. I’m calling it now.

2 Likes

Some people have suggested that’s the best time to release it, when all the tourists are distracted by 8.2, slip Classic through for the diehards and then let the tourists trickle in when they are done with 8.2 content. It might even negate the need for sharding.

7 Likes

One can only hope! If only they would let us know what they still need to work on.

You may be right, but I’m not sure why people think the 8.2 release somehow means Classic is more likely to release after 8.2, and as late as August. The subscriptions are linked, therefore I don’t see Blizzard competing for dollars between both games. Someone who has only $15 to spend isn’t in a position to have to really choose where to spend their money, they get access to both. The only competition I see is Shadowbringers which releases on July 2nd, which is also the 1st day of Q3.

Serious question, how fast can someone chew through 8.2 content? I don’t play BFA, I’m just curious.

I don’t know exactly for 8.2, but these days, major patches like this usually release with about 1-3 days worth of content (calendar days), then release another 1-3 days worth each week for a month or two.

Time gating!

After Jaime kills Cersei!

Gotcha. I had no idea roughly how long it would take players on average to go through a modern initial patch. If players chew through the patch that quickly, if Classic is not out, nothing to fall back to outside of a competitor.

Come on blizzard spill the beans I know you already picked the day.

Left 4 dead 3 just came out

I’m getting pretty ridiculous about rejecting everything not Classic.