Been contacting CS to resolve an issue since February, now it’s too late to help me?

Some friendly advice from the community. Which Zenjy and Tea gave me (Thank you both)

Is that not what this forum area is for? Sorry.

3 Likes

Sadly, no timeframe.

You can’t give an ETA to problem-solving unless it’s a known problem with a known fix, at which point it isn’t really a problem anymore.

There’re also other pressures with TWW on the horizon, Pandaville Disco Edition, and the game’s multitude of other bugs. At the end of the day, the devs need to triage and do what they can do to help the most people with the most severe difficulties as quickly as possible.

Personally I’d feel sad and move on, and hope that a fix comes down the pipeline to me sooner than later.

2 Likes

It’s less about the age of the issue and more about what information we have available. As that Game Master mentioned, we would need internal verification that you should have received the reward.

From what I can see, and several Game Masters mentioned it in their reply early one, I don’t show that you completed the entire Traveler’s Log for the month of January. I can only see 4 out of the 5 completed for January.

The one thing that Support requires for providing a restoration of any kind, is being able to verify that something was achieved. Without being able to verify completion, Nishand, I don’t see how anything can be done.

I believe the “simply too old at this point for any guarantees” was in reference to any bug reports you may have submitted. Meaning, at this stage we have had little to no other reports about an issue with players receiving that reward and if we haven’t been able to verify an issue by this point, it is unlikely that we’ll be able to in the future.

I am sorry, Nishand.

8 Likes

Thanks for the response. I did mention that here, too. Why is this?? I 100% completed it, just like I have every month since the feature came out. It told me I completed it and earned all available travel points. What possibly could have happened so that I can make sure it NEVER happens again?

Is there some display glitch issue that I coincidentally had happen to my game at the exact time that everyone else had the issue with it awarding? So I got screwed over by thinking it was that issue instead of something completely different, and not opening a ticket regardless of the announcements of the issue being known and working on a resolution?

That I don’t know, Nishand. I don’t doubt your sincerity, but for everything our staff does we have to be able to verify it within our tools.

It is entirely possible that your adventure guide looked to you to be completed when it was not. That could be a display issue with an addon or a bug in-game. If a bug, we usually receive multiple similar reports that our QA team can use to track down a potential issue. That seems to be the issue here, as it doesn’t seem we had corroborating reports for anything other than folks not receiving the reward once complete. The bug fix on that allowed the system to check completion status and award the cosmetic if completed.

Yours never received the indication that it was done, so when the fix was released, it didn’t cause the reward to be added to your collection.

I am sorry that I cannot give you better news there.

5 Likes

Thank you for this comment, I do appreciate that

Definitely not an add-on bug, as I have a laptop I was gifted specifically to play WoW on while I was away from home. I can’t run anything additional to the game on lowest quality settings

I guess in the future I’ll be sure to submit a ticket for any issue I have instead of assuming it will be fixed when an announcement is made. I hate to clog the system further. but missing out on these two items, just because of glitches, sucks bad.

(eta: I just wanted to add here that I now do not think it was a display bug and was more involved. I remember now that the issue was my trading post chest was lootable, but whenever I tried to click it, it would not bring any loot box up and my character was stuck in looting pose until I logged out and back in. maybe related to support article #331159)

I absolutely understand. I don’t know what future plans we have for the Trading Post, but hopefully they come back around in one form or another.

5 Likes