Because of layering , count me out

Not sure he will be missed tbh.

To see some posts about layering some players think they are going to log in on launch day and not see many other players so they can get their quests done with no competition.

That is absolutely NOT the way classic should roll especially on launch day. Save that QOL crap for retail.

Launch only happens once…once. Put up with it or wait a week or two if you want to kill boars with no one around.

3 Likes

How many servers will be available for Classic?

What does a subscription decline have anything to do with leaving the game? A person could leave the game just as easy then as it is today.

There will be 14 year olds with plenty of free time playing classic and people who were in their 30’s, 40’s and 50’s played Vanilla back in the day.

Queue times is not the biggest issue with Classic it’s having more players in a single area than the area was designed to hold. Virtual servers don’t cost anything more than a license. Blizzard isn’t using a single physical server to hold each game server. They are putting multiple virtual servers on each of their physical servers. Layering isn’t about saving money.

Classic is running on the retail software, hardware and clients, but with Classic assets.

At least you know about yourself

They didn’t have the tech back then. It would have been a lot smoother launches if they had layering/sharding in 2007/2008. When they did have the tech in legion it was the smoothest launch they had.

Smooth launch but sub numbers plummeted because layering/sharding kills community aspects. I’d take a rough 1-3 day launch over the repercussions of layering and this decision should be favored as this is Classic WoW and supposed to maintain those core designs instead of transforming it back into retail.

4 Likes

The retail kids have gotten too used to QoL around every nook and cranny of the game, they’re more content with the familiarity of sharding when people phase in and out and have more chance at their boar tag instead of seeing people around them and grouping with them.

Do they even care that the people they’ve seen out in the world will be in other layers? That the people they grouped up with at some point they’ll never see again after they log out?

They don’t want the vanilla experience, they want the BFA-Vanilla mix and layering will deliver just that. Count me out.

5 Likes

The best answer is for Blizzard to just try and make both layered and non-layered servers. Options, if possible, is the always the best choice. If you have a huge numbers of players that don’t mind what layering might do to gameplay, then they should be able to have access to it. But those of us who do want to see and experience a giant launch day fiasco, at least, deserve a chance at that, even with all the possible downsides.

The thing is, I could see the non-layered servers being filled up a lot quicker and then, those who wanted layering to begin with, whining when they want to follow some X, Y, Z player onto the non-layered and it starts to inconvenience them when they wouldn’t have had to play on one to begin with.

recently revealed on BETA, layering is being abused to mutlichance farm items, because layering is functioning just like realm hopping in modern WOW

2 Likes

The problem is no one will play on a layered server.

IMHO that would be a good problem to have.
Sends a message loud and clear.

2 Likes

I was sort of joking.

Except that then people like you will be DEMANDING more servers and then complaining that all the servers are dead 3 months in.

No people like me won’t.
I’ve played a launch with 12K online and had a blast.

You’ve been number 80,000 in a 4 day queue before? Cool story bro.

LOL…dream your dreams.

There was no waiting and no queue.

Which is why your claim is IRRELEVANT.

Classic will either have layering, or tens of thousands in queue, or 1000s of dead servers.

Blizzard picked their poison, and they chose layering.

Ok and your point ?

His point is take it or leave it.

Blizzard is in a pickle here. There is a real issue to address, but the exploits we’re already seeing from layering are a concern. They need to put some serious restrictions on it, and get rid of it as quickly as possible.