Because a +4 is super serious business

Hey this was a good story, I got a laugh out of the plot twist. Never in a million years would I have expected someone to do that lol

He presented himself as a jerk and someone that is petty and he confirmed it.

1 Like

I swear, low level keys are so chock-full of toxicity, it makes my head spin.

I’ve done so many keys above 10 - had some rough ones, but all the groups were at least decent people, with a reasonable level of patience and restraint.

But the moment I hop into a low level key, whether on an alt or my main, my GOD. People are just horrible to each other! I’m so glad I’m usually with a couple of friends when I’m doing low keys.

Edit: Obviously, I don’t mean every time, but I see this sort of petty behavior so much more often in lower keys. :confused:

I think it’s to reduce the risk of failure and maybe have a fast run.

But if I can do mythic, and am mythic geared why would I want to be in a heroic? The drops would be irrelevant?

1 Like

How are you relating throwing trash on someone’s yard to kicking someone? The person who got kicked deserved it for being annoying. It wasnt like the guy who kicked didn’t like the race he was playing or something. It was justified.

Maybe they have a weak slot a heroic piece could upgrade :man_shrugging: I have also heard of people forming groups to sell carries without the other people in the group knowing about it so it could be that too.

The community has developed a serious backseat driving issue. Politely suggesting better performing specs, builds, etc is one thing (especially when discussing true newbies), but in pugs you’ll run into players who thinks they’re the Light’s gift to Azeroth and if you’re not doing things their preferred way, you’re wrong and they’re going to be very loud about it.

Players in pugs used to keep to themselves for the most part, with the only talk going on being dungeon related or random friendly chatter about nothing in particular. Would be nice if that came back.

The community has gotten worse and worse and its very evident when you have flawed pugging systems like we have in M+ between how keystones and RaiderIO score work.

Best advice I can give is never forget that person’s name.
Likely wont be the last you see of them, so don’t let it burn you a second time.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: I wasn’t there, all I have to go off of is OP’s post.

Maybe the hunter didn’t think he was being a jerk, maybe the leader was a jerk to him when he kicked him

I keep a notepad handy next to my computer for these exact situations.

I still do :slight_smile: No matter how many Assassination rogues I run into without poisons on or Prot warriors not using ignore pain I say nothing and just deuce.

2 Likes

Kicked a guy for giving advice…

That’s plenty high to push a +4, the hunter is just mad that he can’t get carried.

Literally what. This sounds like the type of dude to require you to link 12/12 mythic Ny’alotha in order to join his fresh Normal.

:+1:

I’d spam report that guy. Makes me embarrassed to play the same game as them.

1 Like

It is correct. Even if it does show bfa season 4 score, that score is meaningless for shadowlands dungeons.

Meaningless to smart people, super important for the try hards who don’t know how to actually relate IO to dungeon difficulty.

People will use it to guage whether theyre going to invite you or not. I dont think that fits the defenition of useless.

As is almost always the case, the context and the manner in which said advice was given is more important than the fact that they ‘gave advice’.

Even if someone’s being ‘helpful’, if they’re also being a complete pile of :poop: about it, I’ll kick them. No questions about it. I’m here to have fun, not have them abuse my friends and party members about how, exactly, they wish to play their character.

If they’re quite literally dooming the run, sure, but minor things like this, in a PLUS FOUR, aren’t even worth the effort of typing.

1 Like

If they use it as a gauge they might as well not even use io honestly. People putting together good groups won’t be using it as a gauge.

That’s ultimately the problem tho. These are new dungeons with new affixes. On top of that, corruption has definitely inflated IO scores. IO won’t be a reliable determination of someones skill in Shadowlands until a couple weeks into M+.