Because a +4 is super serious business

Gearing up a warrior and building his IO score so I have something for Shadowlands Season 1. Go into a +4 freehold group and the hunter starts popping off about how he’s not sure we’re gonna time it because of the lowbie DPS. I’m a 443 ilvl warrior. Kinda low for a +4 but not a carry either. Then he tells me I have the wrong traits and I need to go fix them. Arms warrior with arms traits? Guess he thought I was a fury or something?

Healer kicks him from the group for being a jerk, fill up and go into the dungeon. Everything is going great, we’re on pace to 3 chest it if we have no wipes and get to the first boss pretty quickly. Tank pulls the boss and one of the DPS wanders off, pulling a BUNCH of extra crap and drags it over to the group. “Hey you know that hunter you kicked? That was me. Good luck idiots.” and drops group.

Like why? What do you gain other than showing people just how petty you are? The time you spent in the group waiting for a new tank would have been better spent finding a new group on your hunter.

17 Likes

I’m sorry you had to deal with that. Some people are nothing but overgrown babies. That being said, sometimes ya just gotta let stuff like this go. He was a jerk but, at least you’ll never see him again.

8 Likes

You realize your bfa io won’t matter in shadowlands, right? Completely different dungeons.

5 Likes

He got kicked for telling someone they have the wrong trait? That’s it?

1 Like

I remember, for some reason, people were looking at legion IO at the start of BfA when building groups. I’m not sure why I remember this to be a thing.

That could be what broke the camels back. He was already in the group and was saying something to the group leader when I joined in and he started saying stuff to me. I don’t know, I didn’t bother to ask the group leader.

Leader just said he was being a jerk earlier so I shrugged it off and went about my business while the group was filling.

2 Likes

That guy was literal scum and should jump off a small 1 foot hill and stub his toes.

Sounds like he was complaining about everything and kept going at it. Got kicked because odds are (And yes the odds are extremely high) that if you are being a jerk before the dungeon starts you are going to be a jerk during the dungeon.

I wish you could post names on Forums so I could add this jewel to my ban list.

5 Likes

I didn’t know people got that mad anymore…yikes.

Not exactly sure this is correct. Season 1 it will most likely refer back to the most recent season. That would be Season 4 of BFA. It will show that information on the tooltip just as your season 3 scores show now (assuming that score is higher than your current best score).

1 Like

I LOVE that dude :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s not about anger, you can’t just let people do stuff to you. No matter what, we work off of prison rules around here :rofl:

1 Like

Did yall report him? I certainly would.

1 Like

With that said, did you still finish it? Assuming it’s a +4 should be alright yeah?

I have run serenity since the get-go. I wasn’t top DPS at the start (mostly around 45k-58) but since I went BoTE and Twisted Appendage I pop off.

I have had it brought up once but he shutup quick when I asked him what rating his monk was on. :wink:

1 Like

His ego got hurt and he wanted revenge . Simple as that .
This attitude aren’t going to get them anywhere , ignore and move on

3 Likes

What? The person who joined the group just to leave in to screw the person who kicked them was 100% mad. I have no clue what you’re even saying.

Can confirm this translates. Kick before dungeon, problem (usually) solved.

1 Like

Yup, those are the type of players who think their :poop: smells like roses and if they die it’s the tank’s fault, the healer’s fault, the server’s fault, the game’s fault, lag’s fault, the sky’s fault, the fault of the tides and moon, literally anything’s fault but theirs.

If I see one in the wild I usually just dip out first.

5 Likes

Hmm I need to think of a Blizz forum safe example lol.

Let’s say a person that I know lives a block away walks by and throws trash in my yard. That doesn’t upset me, but I can’t let them get away with it so I dump a trashcan in his yard. When he comes out of his house and exclaims thusly:

“Kaurmine, what are you doing emptying that waste receptacle in my yard?”

I shall respond

“Good sir, you placed a waste item in my territory and I couldn’t stand for this insult”

:slight_smile:

I don’t have to be angry to retaliate

2 Likes

ok, you met a jerk. That required a forum post because? just curious

That’s like thinking that you need ICC gear to do ICC.

1 Like

Most groups expect you to be way above what gear drops for some reason. Today I saw “LINK MYTHIC ACHIEVE” for heroic raid lol…

4 Likes