Beast Mastery Hunter Class Set Tuning – March 8

Correct, so with this “change” to the 4-piece, not only do you need some type of weakaura to track when multi-shot is empowered. You will also be losing 3% damage on 4 targets because the 3 stack of Dream Delver buff dropped off. Then you will have to build it back up to 3 stacks, only to lose it again, on the next multi-shot empowerment. So you are not only losing the 12% damage (3% x 4 targets), you are also losing dps due to the time it takes to build back to 3 stacks. Thereby, it is a compounded lose.

3 Likes

This needs to be addressed immediately. Like there was no way they tested it and figured it was a dps gain without knowing or figuring it out with the most popular BM covenant in raid and M+ right? That has to be the most incompetent thing I’ve seen them do to this class.

3 Likes

Haha posted the same thing on hunter discord just a bit ago. They really don’t have a hunter developer who thinks these things thru sadly.

As a Venthyr Hunter, I take a degree of offense to the idea that the two-part is even acceptable. The four-part does nothing special for me and I’m still stuck going Night Fae because I can’t reasonably use both Tier and the Venthyr Legendary.

2 Likes

oh man, i completely missed this part. so night fae either completely ignore this part of the set so we can keep up dream delver, or its actually a dps loss to not refresh every 4 seconds. is there even a covenant that isn’t broken by this set?

It was clearly intentional. We had issue with the set bonus pigeon-holing us into Night Fae, so they created an interaction that messed up Night Fae as well. Now every covenant is bad and back to being equal. It’s ingenious.

/sarcasm off

4 Likes

Honestly at this stage you just make beast cleave put a bleed on mobs when it’s activated and lasts the same duration as beast cleave. This is a very simple fix and you can apply this while you work something interesting out.

1 Like

Be careful what you ask for. At this point, it appears we’re in a game of Corrupted Wishes with the devs.

We need an AoE component to our tier sets!

• Granted: Empowered Multi-Shots now make Beast Cleave last longer, but your DPS is diminished by doing so.

Kill Command should cleave during Beast Cleave!

• Granted: Kill Command now cleaves to every target, including yourself and group members.

Beast Cleave should put a bleed on all mobs hit!

• Granted: Bleed added, but every tick reduces your health by 10% permanently.
1 Like

See, the thing is: you’re concerned about a monkey’s paw. Right now, we don’t have that problem. See, we’re not getting our wish perverted–we’re just not getting our wish full stop. What they did with the 4-piece isn’t a twisted way of giving us our AoE dreams. It’s just a failure to understand the way the game works and how the covenants they forced on us function. I don’t know it would be an improvement if they started giving us malicious results, but that would suggest a level of caring that we don’t get right now.

I, for one, would like them to come out and say “we don’t like you or your class. Play something else. We don’t care that this is unfair, deal with it.” That way, we’d at least know that they are cruel, rather than just completely incapable of grasping anything presented to them in the form of the written word.

As far as I can tell, this tier set now only really doesn’t impact Necrolords. And that’s because Necrolords are off, doing their own thing. No crit-cap to crash into, no competing procs, no buffs that they can’t keep going . . . unless Bonesmith’s final effect drops off? If it does, then they will have officially given each covenant a good reason to avoid the tier entirely.

Edit: Yep, Mnemonic Enhancer lasts for 5 seconds. If it isn’t re-upped by Beast Cleave, anyway.

3 Likes

I am asking Blizzard, pleading, please nerf BM 4 set more. Lets face it, its way to overpowered when factoring in the legendary BM hunter scaling.

1 Like

Please don’t even joke like that. They’re not capable of understanding sarcasm.

4 Likes

Let me state, that I was only joking Blizzard.

I thought they were good at jokes, because thats what this “update” is… right? A joke? An early April fools day joke?

mmmmm… idk about that. It essentially makes it so BM hunters cast Multi-Shot LESS to get the most out of Beast Cleave, resulting in a dps loss.

I’d personally have it say:

• (4) Set Bonus - Kill Command critical hits empower your next Cobra Shot or Multi-Shot, increasing the damage and cooldown reduction of Cobra Shot by 40% or causing Multi-Shot to increase the damage of Beast Cleave by 40%.
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the vast majority of hunters have never struggled with Beast Cleave uptime.
Making Beast Cleave last longer literally doesn’t increase it’s damage, in fact I think it does the opposite. It just encourages us to do single target when nothing to do in AoE situations.
???

3 Likes

I will start off like this, I have never posted on the forums about my class before.
That being said when you guys said you were going to buff the 4 set for aoe, I figured you guys actually meant it. Turns out you have no idea how this spec works.
BM is the only dps spec that their 4 set literally does no aoe damage at all.
And this change you guys made adds no and ill repeat it for the slow kids at Blizzard, NO aoe damage whatsoever. giving me an extra 6 seconds of not hitting multishot is not going to gain us any dps. Next time you say you are going to buff the AOE damage you should probably actually do that.

4 Likes

Funny joke… where is the real fix ?

I cant wait to do 9.1 damage in 9.2
This is gonna be so sick being a patch behind everyone else damage wise.

5 Likes

I wish i could do 9.1 damage in 9.2, at least the domination shards still worked.

3 Likes

Feels more like 9.0 damage. I simmed over 10K ST in 9.1/5 Now sim 8.7 ST Did fine in M+ 15s was able to at least Carry my weight Now on a 15/20 relegated to a carry.

1 Like

Joke fix. Doesn’t actually give AoE damage, just an extra global here or there to mash more ST.

Give us something cool and impactful. Would have loved to see an interaction where you can trigger your pets to attack several times like windfury and see a burst of beast cleave damage. Base it off Cobra Shot crits or something.

I think back to Titans Thunder + Frenzy in Legion and how cool that flurry of numbers was - would be awesome today.

2 Likes