Be kind to one another. I'm done

A thread ( and by extension an OP) can never die if we have the passion to save these precious tidbits.

1 Like

First sign you are in a Preheat thread .

I’m a new player (as he posts on a Vulpera)

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’ve been having a pretty lackluster experience overall.

I think for a lot of people, myself included, being on the forums for long enough tends to bring out the worst of us. Lots of people are cynics, unhappy, or maybe they’re willing to have a thoughtful discussion, but because of everything, something intended to be constructive can easily come across as passive aggressive beat downs. Which is it, I cannot say. I don’t know you very well but I think taking a break from the games and the forums can help, even if just a bit.

Safe journey, Evix. I hope you feel better soon.

Preheat threads really never bothered me. I accepted them for what they were. He/she/xi wanted attention, and received it. I am disappointed with how she/xi/he has been treated though. I thought the community was overly harsh.

1 Like

Right?! You have got to love the “new player” excuse like that is some kind of pally bubble for the forums.

Sadly, this is just another preheat “woe is me, I quit” thread where he then changes forum alts and posts a few hours later.

The OP is a known forum troll that does these type of threads all the time . Usually he does it with on his mage Preheat .

His biggest line is I am a new player but he normally posts on a vulpera which there is no way you are new if you are posting on one of those.

He is known to go look at my cheevos you see i’m new . Thing is some cheevos will carry over to other accounts and as long as you have opened an allied race on one account you don’t have to farm them on another server you can go right ahead and make one.

I don’t know who preheat is but whatever the case may be, I don’t wish ill upon anyone.

If they’re leaving then I’m sad to see another person go. If they’re not then I guess that’s cool too.

They are not leaving .

They will be back because they know people will take the bait.

Yeah Preheat is quite the character on the forums… He’s pretty bottom tier troll thou. Basically… he fails trolling because he just runs in and annoys everyone in the room… where good trolls come in and annoy a small fraction of the audience.

To put it another way… he’s that guy that talks on the cell phone… during the movie… at the movie theater… LOUDLY.

1 Like

I understand the looking at cheevos part, in the game itself. I can understand that part. But this is the bants part of the game, so if some rando wants to talk a little, I honestly see no harm in it. The game is already one great big game of 1984, the forums don’t need to be Farenheit 457.

I mean I won’t lie, some of this garbage is actually more fun than some of the WQ’s, which is literally why I’m alt tabbed out and responding at this time. :rofl:

/waves to all the cool peeps!

1 Like

one thing I have learned over time is that people tend to be maliable to their existing circumstances. I’m not talking about this thread in particular but when a player gets bullied, whether in real life or the internet, the one that is being bullied is usually the type of person that doesn’t make it easy to side with them. They’re generally not very approachable, maybe they crave attention too much or are borderline unlikeable.

But that’s the problem. They don’t so anyone any favors, so of course you’ll have everyone else mocking someone or something that someone does. This character you mention might have it coming, so to speak, but I don’t want to be the type to buy into that. People are already too predictable.

and like I said I’m not particularly well antiquated with this era of forum shenanigans but i want to maybe set a good example some day. Maybe they just want attention, sure. I could give them attention, hopefully in a more positive way. Because of how maliable people are and don’t even realize it, given enough time, it could reciprocate a less toxic environment overall.

You whipper snappers might call this lingo “feeding the troll” or, as I am proposing, starve it instead.

Because after all there’s no reaction to chase if everyone is holding hands.

I know that’s wildly unrealistic for GD but it’s a hill I am willing to die on.

OP: Sir, This is an Arby’s

*malleable Hate to be that guy…

2 Likes

Now I want curly fries…

1 Like

never cared much for arby’s. they got good commercials but if you want quality junk, Schlotzkys is the créme de créme

Arby’s has Bronco Berry. Schlotzky’s is regional.

No this is about your unable to use in the Maw mount’s extended warranty.

Ah ralph what a mess he was it