[BCC] Oceanic PvP "battlegroup" changes

I’m not a fellow Oceanic player so I can’t exactly speak personal experience for this particular issue, but from what I’ve gathered on the forums currently the PvP queues for Oceanic players are quite undesirable.

Back in the pre-patch for TBC it was noted that Oceanic PvP queues were merged with US queues to help alleviate queue times. Since BCC launch however, those merged queues are now separated, and Oceanic PvP is seeing incredibly long PvP queues just to play a simple BG or arena.

This thread below detailed some requests for this specifically:

I’m not sure on the exact implementation, but I think it would be more ideal if it was decided to remerge these queues to “smart” queue, where say for example it would be Aussie vs Aussie unless you can’t match vs Aussies in 5-10 minutes, then Aussie vs US West, then another 5-10 minutes Aussie vs US East. Basically try to match vs Aussies first, then if nothing found in 5-10 minutes match with US West, then if nothing found by 10-20 min, match with US East. Exact timing I don’t know what would be best, just an example.

Ultimately playing on US servers will increase ping for Oceanic players and a lot of players may find that undesirable, but I think overall just judging by that thread and it’s support that many believe it would be better to be able to play PvP. Is this being looked into, and if not, please consider it.

36 Likes