BC servers MUST have enforced faction balance

I am 100% for faction balance.

You can’t say “You can’t make our decision for us” meanwhile you’re screwing the other population of players that want to play alliance.

I say if its a PVE server whatever let them do whatever they want 99% horde alliance 1% they can trash servers like they did on classic because they couldn’t care less about anyone other than themselves.

But if its a pvp server then it needs to remain within 5-10% population so at max 60% 40% and then the faction becomes locked until its even again, will people not get to play with their friends horde side? Sure but that’s the price they pay for rolling the faction, if you want to truly “PVP” in a world based setting you can do it without your massive number advantage otherwise just proves you’re a bunch of cowards who can’t kill people without groups.

You may be 100% right, OP. And Blizzard might agree. If so, this this may be the reason Blizzard decides not to do TBC at all.

Blizzard has clear policies about how they treat customers — ALL customers. So far, every player “faction-balancing” suggestion violates those policies – it requires Blizzard to do things that a company won’t do to its paying customers.

We see this every day in the forums – players demanding that Blizzard treat them differently from other customers (for many different reasons). Blizzard ignored those suggestions.

Unless some players finds a BETTER method – one that is acceptable to Blizzard – it’s not going to happen.

1 Like

I can fix the battleground queue problem easily – allow 2 teams from the same faction to fight each other. If you have 30 Horde teams ready to go (and no Alliance teams) start 15 BGs, now.

It means your team may play the other end of the BG, but that also eliminates all the “unfair map” complaints, since you could play either end. So, that part is solved.

The only thing this won’t fix is WPVP on PVP servers. That can only be balanced if the total (all PVP-realm-choosing players) is faction balanced near 50% – which Blizzard has no control over, and which can change every couple of months.

That’s why they would need to come up with clearly communicated rules well in advance.

Imagine if, instead of what happened, people planning to roll a toon for classic had gotten a message, "The faction you have chosen to play has too many characters on this realm. You may expect significant login queues when you want to play.

• Continue.
  • Roll a toon on the other faction.
  • Try a different realm. "

If everybody knew in advance that these were the conditions intended to keep PvP servers reasonably balanced they would have accepted it. But after the fact there was no way they could change it without pissing people off.

That helps horde and hurts alliance. Its like kicking them when they’re down. If that’s your solution better to just eliminate alliance as an option entirely for tbc. Then horde v horde bgs and arena. wpvp won’t exist but that’s basically going to be the case anyway. Then remove blood elves as a playable option. No need for them to ruin the horde a 2nd time around.

Then in wrath do the opposite. Ally only expansion. I’d say remove the draenei but there is only a token draenei npc in borean tundra who’s entire existence is based on complaining the draenei aren’t in the expansion. Barely anything to remove. Then ally v ally bgs, arena and wintergrasp.

Lets people get a taste of both factions where the stories for each xpac are associated with the appropriate faction.

Thankfully it’s not going to hold back alliance pve because everyone that’s going for speed clears will be horde not for the belf paladin, but because of the other racials.

Or… the simple solution.

Everyone rolls whatever they want, with faction balance numbers DISPLAYED ON THE SERVER INFORMATION.

When one faction has 10% more players logged into the WORLD, a log in queue for the faction is implemented.

The queue wont take into account any characters not in THE WORLD… IE - Raids, dungeons, pvp battlegrounds.

Except in this video game that is specifically designed around balanced factions. There are going to be no winners when faction balance is even more broken in TBC.

1 Like

Blizzard has never balanced server populations in terms of factions, and they shouldn’t start now. They value individual freedoms over the widespread choices that are made by people.

Except both in retail, and in Classic (especially come TBC) you see a glaring difference in population. It’s not as bad in retail, but it can cause some very serious problems in Classic and Classic TBC. Blizzard’s hands off stance is why it’s becoming more of a problem in both games.

The Classic community is at it again.

Yeah, but it’s not like you get some built in advantage the moment you put on a Yankees uniform. Horde players get certain advantages simply by choosing a certain race. It’s not comparable.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again :

This is World of WARcraft not World of FAIRcraft.

The population differences and the resulting problems are known, have been known. and have been discussed a lot over the years. Blizzards “hands off” approach is the only logical position they can take. Forcing the issue would just cause the few people that do PvP to stop.

Imagine this in PvE. Someone says “There aren’t enough gnomes for game diversity” Then you are forced to play a gnome. I don’t know about you but I’d probably quit. Cmon people just play the game and accept the drawbacks.

The Horde wins in PvP. It IS unbalanced but the only way to fix it is to convince people to play on the weaker side. GL with that. If server balance is ever “enforced” it will destroy PvP more than the imbalance ever could.