BC servers MUST have enforced faction balance

There is zero excuse for letting any server’s faction ratio to be more then 55/45. We all know almost everyone will want to roll Horde for BC because of racials. The only way this doesn’t happen is if Blizzard prevents it. Once a server reaches 55/45, the dominate faction MUST be locked with no new characters or transfers allowed. This is vital for the long term health of the game.

It’s too late to enforce faction balance for Classic and Retail, but it can still be done for BC.

33 Likes

The best thing we can hope for is they attempt to balance the servers now and then used the existing servers as the host for TBC, and provide options for Classic only copies.

Reasoning is, we know that blizzard is kinda hands off on the server management, unfortunate but true.

Also using the existing communities is good because this gives TBC a much broader character diversity than it would have if they went with fresh servers. If you have ever played on a fresh TBC server you would know how garbage it really is if you dont pick horde because its like no kidding 99 to 1 Horde biased leaving the only option for alliance play as Arena. I love arena but I would really like to raid TBC again, and I am not gonna join the zug zug just to pve.

Don’t need to lock the servers due to faction balance, need to lock them at a certain population size (I’d say around 6,000) and enforce faction specific queues that balance the factions through natural player choice.

9 Likes

No, faction balance is important. 3k Alliance and 3k Horde is a healthy server. 0 Alliance and 6k Horde is not.

9 Likes

would work, but see that makes logical sense, we cant have that around here this is Blizzard.

That was in there, he has faction specific ques also as a part of that in order to enforce the server faction balance. Although maybe it could have been worded better.

Throughout classic, players have demanded that Blizzard take action to fix population and balance issues. Their actions have fixed little and actually created imbalances on servers that were fine before. Lesson learned. Just leave it alone.

7 Likes

Meh. I don’t personally agree, but I wouldn’t be opposed to there being some servers with faction balance measures in place for those who care about it.

It may be interesting to have some servers with some such experimental features such that we could get a sense as to what the trade offs might be.

2 Likes

I don’t really care for faction balance just because I play what I want for no other reason than it is what I want to play.

I was reading down through replies to this topic and I like the idea of some servers playing around with faction balance mechanics, but I don’t think that they all should have that mechanic in place.

If we look at the general mindset of people, a happy player is a paying player. If we assume that Blizz only does things to pad their wallet. They start forcing people to play a faction they don’t want to play just to maintain balance. People will leave. Also with the faction balance only servers, there should be some kind of indication as to which ones will have that rule in place as well as what faction the player will have access to.

There is that issue of people saying that Blizz dictates to much on how people should have fun in the game. This idea seems to just enforce that same sentiments I think. Who should decide what factors are important? Should people be forced into a faction just so there is a balance? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I agree, I think the only servers that this should apply to should be PVP servers. (faction specific queues)

1 Like

If some players are only willing to play the over represented faction, then we really don’t need them around anyway.

2 Likes

If they use patch 2.4.3 they will basically be forcing alliance to play an inferior faction. The key is that blizzard puts even the tiniest bit of effort into tbc and does not use the final patch. Every server will be 99:1 ratio for horde. Not to mention if they do something dumb like instant 58 or start at level 1 it will cause massive imbalance. So I am 100% confident saying that they will do all of what I said.

1 Like

BG queues affect everyone, regardless of which server type you play on.

1 Like

The hell do you care about faction balance if you’re queuing for BGs?

This is an open world health discussion, I thought.

Doesn’t TBC let you play against your own faction in arena?

It’s both. I was just pointing out that faction balance affects more then just individual servers.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about things. Who should decide who’s desires of how the game “should” be played is more important than how someone else feels the game should be played?

That’s why I love when people go against the grain and are like, “I don’t care if you think my setup is bad. I’m having fun!”

No matter what Blizz does there will be someone that is unhappy. People will be upset if there isn’t a balance, people will be upset if there is a balance. I think it will all come down if they do enforce the balance on how it is handled.

3 Likes

Wargames seem to fix this problem.

Wargames don’t award honor.

There’s no honor in TBC.

Wont work

Tell me how much it will cost to create the code to make this happen in real time.

Sounds like a ok idea but you dont realize what it would take to make that happen.

Players will do what players will do.

If you want some balance, make 1 mega pvp server.

1 Like

What happens when you run out of Alliance players for your forced balance strategy? What do all the left over Horde do? Let me guess…they would be forced to play Alliance or they can’t play.

Wouldn’t work.

3 Likes