BC servers MUST have enforced faction balance

Well the carebear infestation has reached a point where we must aggressively attack it. Camp them right to pve servers. Dispel their buffs. Gank their lowbies.
Make it so miserable that they leave. Not enough of them got the hint in P2.

Yea kind of.

People don’t play to serve your needs.

There’s absolutely nothing strange about the streamer servers being the most balanced… They are incentivized to be balanced.

Who would watch a streamer play on a server that is 90% their own faction?

LITERALLY NO ONE

The only “incentive” it seems to play alliance is JUST to even out the numbers a bit, and nothing at all to do with any classes or races.

The horde advantages make the game so beyond kiddie mode that I am amazed anyone rolled alliance. Hmmm I could spend 5 talent points to get 15% stun resist on my tank… or roll horde and get 25% on any orc class I choose…

HHHhhhhhmmmmmMmmmm, decisions.

So rather than address the severe racial imbalance that is causing the problem, your plan is to force players to play a weak faction?

It’s too little too late as realms already have huge imbalances and nothing short of merging is going to help at this point. Blizzard ignored the problem for months and months during the opportunity that these realms could have been saved. Now it’s too late. No one is going to start new or transfer onto a <10% PVP faction. You don’t board a ship that’s already sunk. No one is going to transfer off their pleasant majority to go to a miserable minority. If you force people to move, they’re more likely to just cancel subs.

Yes, because racials aren’t going to be changed for BC.

I’m sure every single pro baseball player would love to play on the Yankees, but there just aren’t enough spots for all of them to do so. The other teams need to be filled as well. The same needs to be true for BC.

I’m not really sure that’s a good analogy, but I do see where you are going with it.

Baseball you MUST have other teams competing in order for it to work. Now comes the point of looking at the main focus of WoW. Since they are constantly working on new stories, I would say that PVP is a side dish and PVE is the main course.

Now if the game was more focused around PVP being the main dish and PVE being the side dish. I could see there being more of a need so that the game would have ways to keep encouraging PVP.

I don’t get the thought process of the idea of, “Play X faction or you don’t play the game!” That is not a good way to keep players interested in a game. If Blizz wants to create a healthy way of encouraging faction balance they need to provide positive encouragement in order to make it work and keep players from leaving the game.

Players leave the game, that means less people to PVP. Possibly forcing people to have to change faction in order to keep that balance, as well as less money being generated.

Blizzard, and a portion of the playerbase, thinks skills tied to race is flavorful. Letting players pick the best racials for them regardless of race would let more players play the the characters they want without a handicap, but players seem to hate that option even though it might keep everyone from rolling belf / troll / whatever is the best this xpac for my spec.

I hate to say but they need to make BG’s lock into relams only to help balance and add other things. We dont need 80% of the player base to be Belf Ret pallies…

All the while crying about how their team has no heals. :rofl:

1 Like

Dont remind me… I played Shadow in BC also and had so many dirty paladins complain to me about dropping out of Shadow form to heal them in a 5v1. Man I’m still scarred by playing with such filth…

What does that term even mean? Same number of toons on both sides?

Okay, so everyone with a L60 Horde main makes a L1 Alliance alt that they never play. Boom, “balance”!

Can’t do this on PVP servers unless you have a 2nd account.

probably the faction non-stop crying on the forums about pvp everyday.

Instead of enforcing why not just do a balance pass on racials before TBC release?

The faction system is one of the most fundamental mechanics in WoW. If faction balance is broken, most of the rest of the game is broken and leads to all sorts of unintended behavior like what we’re seeing in Classic. And if left unchecked, TBC will be WAY worse.

The contrarians can come in here all they want casually stating faction balance isn’t a big deal. But it is, the entire foundation of the game’s systems are built on the faction system.

3 Likes

Some of the people saying faction balance isn’t important also complain about their long queues in BGs. Hmm.

1 Like

If you actually want pvp in tbc, world or battleground, roll alliance. pve recruiting and AH might be a problem if faction balance is bad enough tho
If your idea of pvp is a party or raid camping a flightpoint and dogpiling a single person, roll horde. ofc you might end up on a defacto pve server like Stalagg or Skeram
Both factions can do well in arena, though some races should never consider setting foot inside the arena, which unfortunately really hurts alliance shaman

I can’t wait to reserve my Orc War’s name.

This IS a game people CHOOSE to play. They also pay money to play it. Telling people they have no choice just to make PvP ( just a mini game really ) more viable will cause far more problems. Remember, there’s a winning side to every war. If that’s not your side, tough !