Battle.net launcher + multiple subscriptions

My daughter asked to play some WoW with me, I was going to get her going under one of my old accounts but I ran into some issues.

I have picked up a second subscription for the sub-account

Normally I would select the account/subscription to use when launching WoW from the battle.net launcher, but the moment I log into the launcher from another computer it closes it on the first one. How can I have it open on two computers at once? It seems this should be doable since I do have two subscriptions so I should be able to log in once to each account.

The other issue was trying to buy the dragonflight upgrade to the second account. When I tried to purchase the upgrade it kept giving me errors. I’m assuming this is because I already purchased it once? But the second account still shows as not having the dragonflight xpac

How can I resolve both of these to get us running?

TIA

Running multiple licenses on the same Battlenet at the same time can be tricky - and there are limitations.

Normally, we suggest you setup another email (Battlenet) under your credentials for a child until they come of age where it can be in theirs.

To the first question, you should be able to exit the launcher after the game is in progress, then use it on the other.

Some of the limitations - chat and pet battles can go to the other account, depending on which one is logged in first.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply.

One of the reasons for wanting to use the old account was to give access to the heirloom weapons. If I set up a new account for her would there be an easy way to do that?

Alternately, if I set up a new account for her, can I transfer the game time over since a new account would bypass why I got game time on the second account?

No, even if you moved the license, shared things wouldn’t go with to the new Battlenet

That, however is one reason why we recommend it from the beginning - because, say - it’s 3 years till the account can be in their name, better to not lose those things then.

If you transferred the license, the time should still reflect even if all the shared things stay behind.

You ARE allowed to share with a child - it just gets a little more complicated later.

4 Likes

Thanks you again,

Last question then, do you have a link or a guide on where to go to transfer a license to another account?

That you would need to put in a ticket, Hildegaard.

Go ahead and setup another Battlenet with a new email - but your details, then let a GM know which license to move - and to where.

4 Likes