Battlenet constantly updating

I don’t know yet whether the crontab entry works to stop the fake updates but I love the detailed vi instructions!

update: It seems like the same size manifest is occasionally being downloaded again, but overall there is much less updating with the cron job in place to reset permissions of the .build.info file.

Can’t believe this isn’t fixed yet lol

I came by to give this thread new life because it’s gotten so much worse after Prepatch only to find out that others have poked this already.

3 Likes

This has been happening to me for months now. Why is it taking so long to be fixed?

Because according to our wonderful Blue Post . . . it doesn’t exist.

yeah, seemingly. I had to turn off auto updates because right now it’s hitting every single installed blizzard game. every login. every logoff.

I don’t need to worry about not being current because I can’t start the game until it does a fake (or rarely real) update.

Not sure if its a permissions issue with .build.info. or mac issue, but you can fix it with Batchmod temporally , but when there is an actual update, it will revert. Blizzard are intentionally ignoring this thread because they believe it isn’t game breaking enough to matter. The issue is really annoying but it’s not stopping us from playing. I do hope they fix it soon, but at this point I have little faith in Blizzard since it’s been an issue for such a long time and like you said, they are basically throwing it under the rug and ignoring us. The only way to fix this right now is turning off Auto Updates.

1 Like

Just tagging along on the thread to mention that this has been happening to me for several months, as well. Mac OS and BN app are up to date.

It IS very annoying and I wish it’d get fixed (but I suspect it’s nothing compared to how unstable the Mac client will be when Big Sur comes out… ^^)

2 Likes

its keep repeat downloading .
I remove and install but nothing new . so I can’t platy BG and Dungeon because it kick me out and it start downloading every less than 10 minutes. I did remove check for check Auto update but still not working.
(I use Mac)

So sorry to hear of your issues actually affecting your game. I haven’t heard of your issues being the same as the threads, though. I suggest you run a repair on your game files and see if that resolves your dungeon/BG issues.

Fix this Blizzard

3 Likes

Add me to the list having this problem.

One more here with the same problem, it’s so annoying. Every instance adds like 40 secs… PTR, BETA, Retail. I uninstalled PTR and BETA until fixed.

1 Like

I haven’t had any Big Sur specific problems, and I’ve been using it since early August. If anything the updated AMD drivers actually solved some problems for me.

That said, Battle.net still constantly tries to download 100+ mb manifests for no discernible reason even with a cron task fixing the info file.

3 Likes

I mainly load up using World of Warcraft.app. Only use Battle.net when needed or once a week, as it has always been very buggy.

Same problem here, been happening for months, tried all recommended fixes from Blizz and all the terminator; commands listed here, nothing works.

Exact same thing on my iMac and I did a lot of these steps including creating a new admin account, now its not updating through battle.net but the game is still freezing requiring quitting

Almost 100 replies and no real solution on the horizon. That is quite sad considering the original post is from the end of July. 3 months ago. Obviously, I am afflicted by the same problem as everyone using a Mac. Cheers.

1 Like

Same issue here. Been this way for months. Activision/Blizz cares not at all.