Battle.net App Update Loop

Also noticed this for both retail and classic versions, constant update popups but seem like very small files. I’ve tried to @ blizzardcs on twitter but no response.

I’m also having this issue. If I tab to the battle.net app quickly enough, it’ll say initializing under the play button, then checking data indices, then starts reclaiming disk space.

im also having the same issues, classic, tbc, ptr, retail constantly updating every couple hours

Just adding to the thread in pump up the reports. The build number hasn’t changed for retail (9.1.5.41031) but its “updated” a couple dozen times over the last few days (started thursday? I know for sure it was happening then).
For reference, the “update” just now that brought me here occured over an hour since my last interaction with the bnet client/playing a game. I was watching youtube videos on another monitor and noticed it “updating” out of the corner of my eye on the other screen.

Nov 15 still get UPDATE every time I start battle.net . Takes a while to update, specially long time on initializing, then quickly finished. Play a while, exit game and battle.net, come back start battle.net and there UPDATE again. Totally annoying to say at least.

The 7 steps in this post solved the problem for me:

Yeah,still going and if your playing it can wow51-something at time if the server is busy.

My Hearthstone updated three times yesterday…along with others…

1 Like

While I didn’t see Hearthstone update that day, I now suspect that it probably did an update as the first one in the update loop and by the time I checked all the Blizzard games, it was already done.

/moo :cow:

I’m finding it extremely unlikely that suddenly this happened to people all over the world at precisely the same time and that’s a problem on our end. Not to mention several people have done complete uninstall/reinstalls and still have the problem.

Blizz just needs to fix their launcher.

3 Likes

As I said in another thread, this did not solve my problem. In fact, I had a very difficult time reinstalling the launcher because the download from the web site failed every time. I finally got it to download and install by trying to start WoW from the Windows start menu. But absolutely nothing has changed. The launcher is stuck in an infinite loop of updating and I cannot log on.

1 Like

Its not on our end its this last patch that broke it…

2 Likes

Hope you get it fixed soon Brahmina hate to see you miss out tomorrow with anniversary opening up.

I have fixed it on my system, at least I think.

First try: Games and launcher were always on D:. I uninstalled Battle.net, cleaned up the folders and rebooted. Redownloaded it and installed on D: again. Didn’t work, still looping.

Second try: Uninstalled it again, cleaned up and rebooted. This time, I installed the launcher on C:, but the games remain on D:. I launched TBC Classic and exited. It did it one more time, for TBC only, which I think is normal on a clean install. I launched again and it doesn’t do it any more.

Apparently, it has something to do with the launcher being on C: versus other drives.

There is still something up because it was fine for a long time before this happened.

I am running Windows 10, the latest version.

Things are looking better. I put in a ticket and they responded quickly. I had to make a whole new user account and run it as admin. The launcher still wants to update, but once it has run through all the games they are playable (rather than updating infinitely).

I don’t consider this a permanent fix, however, because this is what it was doing before it got stuck in the loop. I mentioned this in my response to the ticket, and I attached my most current system files as asked. I don’t expect any real answer to the ticket as my problem is now “solved”, but perhaps sending more files will help them find a permanent fix.

Shouldn’t have to do all that…that really strange for sure Brahmina…I hope it works out for you.

1 Like

Having exactly the same problem, I completed uninstalled all my WoW installations and battlenet launcher as well.

Doesn’t affect my other games like overwatch as far as I know.

I’m still having this issue to this day, thank god I can start up the app and run the EXE or I’d have missed the raids ALL WEEK.

Anyway, I’ve done the following: I am on Windows 10 Pro, restarted my PC, logged in as admin (which is what it asked I do), received the classic BLZBNTAGT00000841, repaired the client where it found no errors, reinstalled the bnet app altogether, quadruple checked to make sure my antivirus was disabled, I checked permissions which is the ONLY thing a Blizzard person suggested I do, and it is full control on everything, so my permissions are working. I’m at a loss, I’m not going to load the bnet app until Blizzard has a RESPONSE here and it is SOLVED.

Glad to se its not just me , hope this gets resolved soon

I take it back, it came back again, it’s still doing it. :frowning: