Battlegrounds in December, BWL in January

Yay, I didn’t want to spend the next few years playing Classic anyways. Let’s just rush out all content so servers can dry up before the middle of next year.

BGs December 10th.
P3 Beginning of January

Players claim that Classic has years of content and raiding is an extremely small part of that.

Players claim releasing raid content “early” will kill Classic.

???

1 Like

It’s not the raid content that will kill Classic, its the end that will kill it. Classic has an end, and that is Naxx. Progression drives MMOs. Once players feel that they can’t progress anymore they start to lose interest. Look at retail every time a new expac is announced, or pservers once they got naxx. Their populations decline sharply.

Retail wow originally had ~19 months between launch and Naxx. At the current rate, we will have naxx ~9 months after launch. Some of us were planning to spend the next few years playing this. As things are now, most, if not all servers will be ghost towns populated by raid loggers by the middle of next year.

1 Like

Id be all for P3 in Jan and Naxx in July. BC servers released the Tuesday after 2020 Blizzcon!

3 Likes

What I remember most fondly about Vanilla was Arathi Basin on my Mage hour after hour after hour after hour of it.

I’d like that feeling again… so bugger off and don’t tell me that I’m small brained simply because I don’t find your type of fun… fun at all.

World PvP for only honor wasn’t fun back when and it won’t be fun for me now either.

I can’t wait for real BG’s.

5 Likes

Ah yes, let’s do battleground before Christmas when most Adults have the least amount of time to play.

2 Likes

Battlegrounds will still be there when you do have time to play.

Where did I put that gif of Doctor Evil?

How about No?

And on that same coin YOU are not most players either, the fact YOU aren’t lvl 60 is irrelevant

And the fact you mentioned characterS as in multiple shows you COULD have been 60 if you actually gave a sh1t

No. No rushing. Next i bet you want F R E S H servers right? Not the way it works with an official company buckaroo.

We need at least one battleground by January, early February at the latest. Those of us that started playing classic for battlegrounds are told to keep waiting, while wpvpers, raiders, RPers and auctioneers have their content.

I’d be okay with just WSG and no modern battleground queue system. I’m okay with walking to Ashenvale to join from the portal like the good ole days.

1 Like

You keep pushing things to be released faster constantly everywhere you are able to because you’re a zoomer try-hard. Classic is a recreation of the vanilla experience. It’s not perfect, but it’s not instantaneous either.

Classic was released August 27th, 2019.
Phase 2 is November 12th, 2019.

There were 77 days between release and Phase 2 coming out next week. If we follow a similar schedule then phase 3 would be coming out Tuesday January 28th 2020.

I think the current schedule is fine, would even opt for it to be slower personally, but rushing it because

is just BS.

3 Likes

What’s more important to the “vanilla experience”; the number of days between content or the number of players that are farming that content?

Days are just a number, it has absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay. The number of players farming the content absolutely changes the vanilla experience.

Claiming you want a “recreation of the vanilla experience” while there’s thousands more guilds clearing MC than there was when BWL released in vanilla, and you want thousands more to reach that point, is absurd.

Excuse me? Most people started playing Vanilla AFTER BG’s were introduced. This is just a fact backed up by sub number reports from 2005/2006.

If classic wasnt popular does this logic still hold?

Delay releases past their vanilla implementation if a lot of players didnt bother?

“Sorry guys, we know BWL was out by now in vanilla, but we dont have enough MC/Ony kills yet so we are going to delay it a few more months.”

That should work right?

Who is this “we” you think you’re speaking for? Not everyone is on a pvp server. People who are not on pvp servers would like to have something to do. The endless ganking you are planning to do until you eradicate all Alliance will no doubt result in you gankatrons running crying to the forum that there’s nobody left to kill, FIX IT BLIZZ!

As a semi casual player, I can dig that. I personally think that p2 is being released way too early, but since it is what it is, I’d be ok with phase 3 coming early as well.

Ah yes, nothing is as fun as rankers roaming around 48-60 zones and ganking every leveler they see. It’s also really fun to have the dominant faction camp flight paths for hours on end. Nothing like corpse running 5 times just to get into BRD/LBRS/UBRS as well.

If you’re expecting epic fights to break out in Hillsbrad, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. In the offchance that those even happen, it’ll be so laggy it will be the opposite of fun.

Your guild name fits your post.

4 Likes

We will see. Right now the lag is so bad it’s not feasable to just go out into the world to “PvP” (ganking singles as a group). Considering the huge number of people trying to R14 good luck even playing the game until BGs come out.

BGs serve a purpose, it isn’t about gating content it’s about making the game actually playable.

I know at least 3 people who are ready. Three is a decent sample of all players. Thus all players must be ready.

QED

So the patch that implements ranks, that will not really function on PvE Servers (because nobody fights if its an even fight) will have little impact?

I mean thats kinda how it goes if you roll PvE. You get to watch your opposing faction take your spawns, take your nodes, run around in your space, and you cant do a thing about it.

Yeah, there will be ganking on PvP realms. Blackrock mountain is going to be awesome next tuesday.

If I didnt want to do it though, there was always PvE to roll on.