Battleground Holidays and Realm Adjustments – March 10

I’m genuinely curious, what timezone problem?

1 Like

Lmfaoooo. What a horrible change. Honestly, why cut ANY group in half?

1 Like

Me too, I wish I knew. I can’t quite see what the problem was they were trying to solve except to quote the OP:

“In order to have players from different realms in agreement on whether or not a Battleground Holiday is active, with maintenance tomorrow, we will divide all realms in the Americas into two battlegroups by timezone: Eastern Time and Pacific Time.”

I guess having asynchronous starts for the holidays would… confuse some people? I still think running the holiday schedule off the central time zone is a great change that impacts no one.

1 Like

In all seriousness I don’t think at level cap that it’s going to create anything other than longer queues. This change isn’t for you, it’s so that they can calculate bonus honor more easily. You’re still talking about 100,000 players in the Eastern pool (using ironforge.pro numbers for the last 2 weeks, which i know are based on people submitting parses and not at all authoritative, the number is likely higher). You’re not going to get that “Vanilla” everyone knows everyone feel back with this change, and I really can’t stress how unlikely server-only BGs are at this stage. If that was the design choice they wouldn’t bother with a half measure, or it would have been in on WSG launch.

Ironically the small, comfy ‘blizzlike’ community you so desire, where you feel like you know the people you play with and against? Yeah that’s what lower level BG brackets are right now. It’s why we’re upset that our queue times are about to double - because we don’t want to come back to 60 where if you’re not joining in a 10 man premade in discord you’re going to get curbstomped by sweaties using sappers on CD and chugging FAPs like they’re water.

Trust me I’ve been playing since Vanilla, I’ll agree with you on one count - this is extremely blizzlike to disinfranchise a subset of the playerbase with 24 hours notice.

3 Likes

There are a lot of good/tryhard teams on the west coast servers and we will never see them again, The community is already split hard with classic being region based, but now we are even split harder between west/east servers. I don’t understand why blizzard just can’t set the time for it start all at the same time… Will miss playing Protect The Lumber and the other teams that always tried vs our group. :frowning:

5 Likes

See, I can only get through half of this before I stop because it feels as though you’re trying to say that my stance is “this change will flip the entire game around and become like it used before battle groups in vanilla”, no that’s not what I want at all, server only BGs would be stupid bad as we’d rarely ever get matches going, battle groups however was THE method they used in vanilla for xrealm BGs which I do prefer and I do want a big pool where you CAN recognize people, this is in NO WAY saying that I want every match to be the same damn people over and over again, but that’s what everyone is saying I want, as if they can read my mind, you can try and say I ascribe whatever value to it that you want, but you’re wrong.

We have MASSIVE MEGA SERVERS way bigger than what we had in vanilla, even if we had legit battle groups(5-8 servers per group) the resulting pool would still be very large, WELL beyond that of vanilla which was fine.

All of you seem to cry like it’s going to be server only Qs, when in reality it’s going to be massive, you’re still gonna see a ton of new people, it might just have a CHANCE at seeing people more than once.

The only people I see seriously effected by this is twinks, which you can enjoy your twinks, but to say we should ignore the “end game” content for pvp in favor of twinks is just silly.

EDIT:fishtyping is bad for train of thought.

Ok, fair enough. I was probably conflating you and some other posters who were advocating for this as a step towards server only BGs.

My whole point is if they gave a ___, they could find a way to implement this and exclude lower level BGs, who inherently don’t care about ‘honor weekends’. The reason I came in here is to be vocal about the fact that this change is going to negatively impact my gameplay experience - there must be a better way. I’d rather not cancel my sub.

I wonder if horde side at 60 will be better or worse in terms of queue times with this change. I have no frame of reference as Alliance is typically extremely short by comparisocn.

2 Likes

I also don’t really care for the honor weekends but I do hope that this means that the people we will be facing will also be close to the same latency as well, having someone teleport around you is some BS, but seeing as turning in marks gives you XP and will push you out of a bracket I still find it hard to listen to anyone making the sub 60 argument, because even just playing PVP only, unless you’re throwing away the bonus honor and rep(being a twink basically) then you’re going to hit 60 eventually.

As for the horde, from what I saw last I checked the east side had a lot more horde than west side, so may even be nice for the horde over here, who knows, maybe the increased wait on the east could even get a few to reroll and help try and balance out the pop for a bit, but then again they love their racials.

@Kaivax

CAN YOU RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION PLEASE? IF YES, CAN YOU FIX THIS PLEASE

That is what battlegroups did before, i would guess that is what they will do now.
You only queued against your own battlegroup.

This is bad for everyone, for 60s creating battle groups east and west doesn’t fix anything if horde population is higher on all of the east coast servers the que times are going to be worse at 60. and it literally kills all of the sub 60 brackets the ques are already forever. Twinking isn’t blizzards main focus and i understand that but it is a big part of the population and this is just killing all twinks with this change

3 Likes

Not just twinks. Plenty of players enjoy leveling up through the BG’s.

3 Likes

Awful change. I’m not sure the logic behind this, but please do not make this change. Much more competition east coast than west.

I’m aware that it’s how battlegroups used to work. I just wanted confirmation that the fake battlegroups would also work this way.

Dear Blizz, your blatant disregard for non traditional server is atrocious. You are well aware that this move is going to murder lower level brackets and yet you still go through with it.

If this isn’t rectified in the near future, me and many others will be cancelling subscriptions and never coming back.

1 Like

There were also way more servers when battlegroups were implemented.

Yes, but we also had more than 2 battlegroups, if i remember correctly?.

And is the post above yours another attack of the 1 posters?

For once we were really gaining steam on getting twink v twink games rolling really well. That’s instantly near dead now. 15-20 min queues at prime time. Why make such a stupid stupid change?

2 Likes

I’m going to move to east coast, more servers there to do low level BG’s.

These are things that people organize outside the game. You should not blame the game for this.