Battle Squawk Changes

Get rid of the ‘auto-squawk’ mechanic and just make it periodically proc for a relatively short duration. So if you have the trinket equipped, you can get some reliable uptime. But you can’t play games with de-equipping it before the fight.

There is no trinket in the game that is even close to 27% haste. If you had to keep it equipped to get the buff, it would still be worth it by a mile.

If it gets nerfed blizzard needs to keep in mind that it is an on use TRINKET and not an item like drums in your inventory.

If they nerf the active effect, they need to return personal power to the engineer somehow for wearing it, If it’s getting nerfed that is.

Example

Haste buff no longer stacks (nerf)
The buff lasts 4 minutes still but for every 30 seconds you have it equipt, the haste buff increases by 3%, this would make the last 30 seconds of that 4 minutes before be 26% haste buff. (Buff specifically for engineers wearing the trinket into the fight instead of being able to change trinkets out) but it’s still weaker than how it is now, because it only reaches that 26% for the last 30 seconds, and the engineer is losing an in fight trinket slot for that benefit.

1 Like

It really depends on the uptime.

So we’re playing the game normally for months. And then suddenly someone discovers a cheat code. Enter “IDKFA” and increase your damage by 25%! That’s basically what happened here. Seems like a pretty clear example of an exploit to me.

2 Likes

Blizzard already said it happened in OG TBC too. Sooo

“As goofy as this is, it is an authentic interaction, and one that some guilds did take advantage of in some way in the original Burning Crusade.”

So not the buzz word of the day, but just TBC being true to itself.

1 Like

Players will go to great lengths to defend cheesy exploits once discovered. They can’t help themselves, so not really faulting you. We saw this with stacking world buffs in Classic vanilla, also a mechanic that was true to vanilla, but clearly an unintended exploit nonetheless.

This is why it’s up to the developer to step in and be the adult and say no. And soon, before it becomes more and more ingrained as the new meta.

1 Like

Theyre defending things that were done in original TBC? You thought you did…but you didnt. Forums prove it more and more each day when they ask for changes to things that originally existed

And now we just see class stacking. So much better lol

You say that, but i dont think you know what it means

2 Likes

I’d define it as using a mechanic for an advantage in a manner not intended by the original developers…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

I don’t think any honest person can say with a straight face that the original developers intended that a whole group of players equip old world level 60 trinkets, aggro trash mobs to forcibly activate five chickens at once to stack a 25% (!) haste buff (lasting 4 minutes) before each boss pull.

3 Likes

Dont nerf chickens its already a pain to set up & get more than 2 squawks in a dad guild, dont punish everyone because the few can compete at a higher level than everyone else.

1 Like

It would be a personal buff, so 5-10 minutes of downtime.

But you bring up a good counter argument to those who want instant squawks. Changing how it works besides time & who gets it would introduce unintended side-effects.

TLDR; Time and who gets the buff are ok to adjust. How you get the buff is NOT ok to adjust.

Except it was intended.

Prove me wrong with sources and quotes.

My evidence of it being intended is people did this in origional tbc, and it didn’t get changed, for the entire life of tbc.

So give me your evidence from the developers of origional tbc, that it wasn’t intended.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that you believe what you’re saying.

So your argument is based on belief and not facts, and you also decide what I believe now…

1 Like

blizzard literally says in the blue post that people back in original TBC used the chickens and squawks like they are used now why are people trying to argue and say thats not the case lmao

2 Likes

Yes, I’m saying that people lie and argue for things that they don’t themselves believe. And yes, I think that is the case here.

The less Blizzard changes, the better.

This game has not, nor will ever be perfectly balanced. If anything, their attempts to make it so have actively made it worse.

3 Likes

So now it’s a lie that the battle chickens were used in origional tbc?

You are truly the master of reality as you chose what is real, fake, a lie, and what people believe.

2 Likes

No, that’s not what I said.

I’m saying it’s a lie to say that that the original developers intended that a whole group of players equip old world level 60 trinkets, aggro trash mobs to forcibly activate five chickens at once to stack a 25% (!) haste buff (lasting 4 minutes) before each boss pull.

I don’t think that was the original developers’ intent. And I think that you agree with me, even though you’re arguing the opposite because you don’t want to see it fixed.

Do people buff up with other buffs before a boss?

Consumables, class buffs, exc?

It’s normal practice to buff up before a boss pull.

Heck, our shaman uses rank one healing wave (idk if that’s the actual spell) on our tank before a pull to add the Armour bonus, pre priest shield, exc. Is that an exploit as well because it wasn’t as commonly done back in tbc?

You are using the same logic the clowns that are claiming paladin farming strat is an exploit.

So I guess you are a :clown_face: as well.

1 Like