Battle NET Login Region

Hi
Lately my Battle.net Login Region has changed to Indonesia.

Is this ‘normal’ for an Australian based player, im fairly certain it was saying my city in Aus before.
Has someone in Indonesia hacked my account ?
Any help please.

Thanks

ok before we panic

do u have a authenticator.

has ur password been changed whitout u doing it

can u still log in and play.

Auth - Yes
Login and Play - Yes
PW change - Yes by me very recently because i got a message on WoW main screen saying
‘Your account has been logged in somewhere else’
(BLZ51900060)
so i changed my PW

Are you seeing any unknown login locations on your Account - Security page?

link: https://account.battle.net/security#recent-activity

Only shows last 4 logins but its showing Sydney Aus, which is at least closer to where I’m at compared to Indonesia.

Do you use a VPN?

No I don’t use a VPN

Not sure what you are seeing, but the account you are posting under looks absolutely fine.

6 Likes

When i log in to the Battle NET desktop app (to play WoW) my authenticator on my phone says my location is Indonesia…when I’m not in Indonesia but Australia.

Anyway could be a bug, ill just ignore it for now, thanks for the help all.

Report here

2 Likes

Could just be a bug with your isp. I login with att wifi box. I am in Virginia but it shows me to most places as Maryland or washington dc. About a hour or so apart

yeah I’m also on ATT internet air and it shows me in Texas which is a different state than the one I’m in.

IPs are assigned to geographic locations. However, they can be moved around between ISPs/geographical locations. When they are, usually the geolocation databases are updated with the changes, but not always. Plus, there’s multiple databases to contend with as well.

So there’s are a few possibilities. 1) The IP your Australian ISP is giving you was previously assigned to Indonesia, but the geolocation database wasn’t updated. 2) Because Indonesia and Australia are next to each other, they could both be inside the same IP geolocation. 3) Your ISP is using IPs from the Indonesia geolocation.

So, the authenticator may just be displaying the assigned geolocation of the IP you are using. If so, that wouldn’t be a bug on Bliz’s side. Instead, the database(s) would need updating.

Not to say you shouldn’t be careful when oddities like this appear. I’m just describing one possible cause. You should be able to ask your ISP if your IP is registered as Indonesia.

1 Like

Would look at sites that try to auto id your location and see what they say. Like i have the issue with homedepot and lowes because of my isp.

Guessing this is just a strange isp bug

A cell phone very well could tell you that its location is very far from where it actually is. I live in SoCal, and occasionally, my phone will show to be in as far away as Idaho. It’s an issue with the GPS locator chip inside the phone and the coding they used to program it.

I live in Sydney and most sites place me somewhere on the north or south coast far away from Sydney so it’s definitely routing from your ISP.

OK Thanks Everyone.
Im just gonna ignore it as i still have my account.

Last few Logins show Sydney as my location, then I click approve on the AUTH and it shows Indonesia again…no idea whats going on lol.

1 Like