Battle Chickens Banned on Logs starting 15th

I don’t think I’ve cried or pouted about this, I’ve brought up questions, corrected inaccuracies, pointed out inconsistencies, and lies.

You’re the one on a frantic mission to save tonk from falling victim to the same standards that blizzard has applied to other items from vanilla. You’re clearly scared you’ll lose your ez button, and I completely understand.

1 Like

How can I be trying to save tonks? You think blizzard is going “let’s fix tonks but first let’s see what Manuredps stance is”??

I can voice why I think they are valuable and useful because of poor pet design and interactions with certain boss mechanics.

It is up to them to extrapolate the data and come to a decision to either change it or ignore it.

What I do know is they have ignored tonks and left them unchanged for the 3 phases they have been used.

Ignored publicly, do you have evidence that this isn’t on their list of items under review? We didn’t know that chickens were under review until they made the post, well into the end of phase 2. We didn’t know they were going to remove MQG and the engi belt until the end of the PVP season.

You 100% can voice why you think they are valuable, I would never try to stifle anyone’s opinions. You can absolutely clamor for a fix to pet AI.

What I will always call out, are false equivalencies, blatant lies or misrepresentations, avoiding telling of the full story to protect one subjective perspective. Being objective when discussing pros and cons is the way to have a conversation that has a purpose. Otherwise it’s just talking to talk, and it does nobody any good or move anything in one direction or another.

1 Like

Let me ask you this, if this isn’t about being purely petty, show me a thread or a post about tonks being abused BEFORE the chicken nerf?

If it isn’t about being petty why no threads or posts until AFTER the chicken nerf?

If your argument is asking why players wouldn’t bring up exploitative behavior on purpose to remove their advantages, I’m not quite sure that you’re prepared to explore the intricacies of game design.

I wouldn’t die on the hill of suggesting that some players only want tonk fixed because of what happened to chicken - but I don’t believe that proposing consistency is a bad thing, either.

None of us are dying on any hill. Tonks aren’t that serious.

If you look at the changed items those items SEVERELY impacted the game in the way they were used.

Even if you consider tonk being abusive or exploitive you really can’t put them in the same category as the other items that were nerfed.

We can discuss this all day and go back and forth the point is Blizzard has to care about the impact that tonks have and I just don’t think they impact much of anything and aren’t going to be changed.

Who knows tho maybe they finally change it in sunwell.

You see, this is your subjective opinion. If there was a toy released in vanilla that made the target of your soulstone be resurrected with full buffs, you would almost certainly agree that it would be overpowered. If there was a toy that gave warriors a divine shield for 2 seconds and wiped off all debuffs, you would almost certainly agree that it was overpowered.

You need to take into account what the affect of this unintended interaction creates, and what mechanics that the designers put into the game that they bypass.

The category is bypassing game mechanics.

Chicken did this as well, by speeding up fights and reducing the amount of damage that hit the raid as a result of the boss dying faster.

Anything that - when originally created (especially from another expansion) - wasn’t intended for the use of bypassing game mechanics, that is currently used to bypass game mechanics, should be reviewed and potentially fixed. It’s very simple, very consistent.

Let me get you a ladder for that reach!

Were you aware that a majority of guilds never saw Ragnaros phase 2 in classic?

Do you understand that this was bypassing game mechanics? (Legitimately, because of world buffs).

Encounters that were balanced and built around a time to kill were made trivial by battle chicken when you had your entire melee stack with 5 squawks. The act of increasing DPS is legitimately something that allows you to bypass certain mechanics.

A toy that allows you to bypass mechanics that are intended to lower your DPS (by killing your pet, or forcing you into pet management), in order to increase your DPS falls into the same category. Is it less DPS than chickens? Absolutely. Does it achieve the same type of result? Absolutely.

There is no reaching here, it’s entirely about how you categorize these items designed and built for a previous expansion and how they are being used in content that they weren’t designed for.

As I said before, you should have to dismiss your pet before using your steam tonk controller. That would solve the problem.

This whole thread has degenerated into this dumbass hunter shouting about tonk’s dps increase for hunter. I thought this was about battle chickens?

1 Like

Gear is also an exploit, it allows you to kill a boss faster bypassing mechanics.

Thank you for making it plain that you’re not arguing in good faith. I think I’ve done enough here to point out that you’ve got no idea what you’re talking about.

I look forward to your tears when blizzard removes your ability to bypass raid mechanics with a toy from a previous expansion.

Have a good day!

You literally are trying to decide what the intended fight lengths are for each boss lmfao.

Who’s not arguing in good faith??

Ahh so you do agree it is a DPS loss to have to do that. Glad to see you know tonk is not a DPS loss but a DPS gain.

I’ll argue that the old world potions and items should have stopped working at 65 and the tonk should not work in combat.

Back when tbc was orginally released I personally would never have considered using vanilla items in such a way. I would have imagined some devs had the same thoughts. I dont remember people using demon slaying elixers. Dont remember battle chicken. Dont remember tonks.

The degeneracy of modern gaming and private servers has made gaming into a math battle to see how to do the most damage even if it is not “fun”. But we now live in this world and 16 year old game design has issues, some they started to fix in wotlk. They should start sooner with classic.

Correct they should fix stuff now.

Tonks are a bandaid to bad pet and boss mechanic interaction which is fixed later.

We should be asking for those fixes.

1 Like

Are you under the impression that because of tonks, hunter pets NEVER die?? One smack from Leo and your pet’s dead whether you tonk or not. There’s no way a hunter’s ability can out heal that damage. And if you tonk, your pet returns with whatever bleeds and dots still on them and they die anyway. Tonks cannot save your pet from insane dot damage. They’re going to die. End of story.

Steam Tonks aren’t the freakin’ miracle you seem to think they are. I’ve lost my pet on Leo. I’ve lost my pet on Kael. I’ve lost my pet on Illidan. Tonks don’t guarantee your pet will never die. It’s just a way to call them off a boss without them running straight through a bunch of crap on the ground because of bad pet AI. But let’s all grab our pitchforks and go after tonks. Jesus.

Stop being disingenuous. For once. Plenty of people brought up chickens before the “fix.” There are literally threads and threads about them. Absolutely NO ONE brought up steam tonks. The very first thread made about them stated specifically that because chickens were “nerfed,” then steam tonks should go. So yes, it’s all a bunch of childish BS brought up by people who have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about.

You’re wrong, people have posted before. Your argument has been invalidated by a simple search. People have been talking about tonk tech for a long time, hunter streamers have discussed how necessary it is for all hunters to use tonk.

My previous point stands. Nobody is going to ask for blizzard to nerf their secret tech.

“secret tech”.

Shhh don’t tell blizzard we use tonks!

No way they even know yet!

Good one dude, totally.

It’s almost like blizzard didn’t know how mqg worked, or chicken worked, or the engi belts worked before they nerfed them.

Yea they just gonna wait 5 phases until they “fix” them tho right?

Heck tonks have been out since before people were crying about any of that.

What’s taking them so long?

1 Like