Battle Chicken

Leave the battle chicken as is i like my haste buffs thank you

12 Likes

warrior copium detected

2 Likes

It doesn’t need a nerf.

If blizzard decides to force a nerf though, they need to keep in mind this takes a trinket slot, not an on use item like drums.

1 Like

You can use it and stack it with a warlock infernal then put your regular trinkets on.

It’s obviously degenerate gameplay, if this was actual TBC in 2007 it would’ve been fixed right away. But we live in 2021 when Blizzard only has one guy that works on SOM and TBC and is too busy.

6 Likes

It’s working as it was in tbc, and it’s not really much different than buffing up or popping flasks and other consumes before a boss.

It has a long CD as well.

I think the real reason you want it nerfed is you are worried melee might start competing with you in dps.

Why even put pre-nerf Sunwell in the game if we’re going to let people have 15 extra bloodlusts via a method no one used in 2007 Sunwell progression because they didn’t know it existed?

It doesn’t make any sense. If it’s all for ‘fun’ and no one cares how hard the bosses are just release the 30% nerfed Sunwell and be done with it.

7 Likes

Origional sunwell progression stacked boomkins. There was no reason to bring a melee haste buff when 75% of the dps were boomkins.

But it was done back then, it’s just with player skill levels, the boomkin stack was found to be better because of the number of battle rez it brought.

They used a more forgiving strat when the chicken strat wasn’t as viable because of player skill level, mechanics, exc not being kind to melee.

1 Like

Now you’re just trolling, world first M’uru didn’t have a druid in the raid.

Anyway I imagine some people don’t realize what melee getting armour pen and haste is about to do. A warrior with glaives and battle chicken is going to be doing the same DPS as a level 80 character.

8 Likes

The world first did it without stacking druids. The majority of those that did clear sunwell stacked druids because it gave mistake forgiveness and was able to get them through with less actual skill.

Don’t have to worry about a mechanic 1 shooting you if you have 10 brez available.

Couple things there:

One… its dumb they’re just posting stuff like this in the “community council” forums now along with all the shadowlands/vanilla etc stuff. Plus the whole “council” is just stupid. A good percentage of your council has already quit and it just seems like another example of pretending to do something while actually doing exactly nothing…

As for the battle chicken… if they’re gonna change it they should change the functionality too. They’re comparing it to drums, but unlike drums it’s not an item you can just click and go. Its a trinket slot with a CD and a non-guaranteed effect. So its a long way from drums.

you have no idea how the chicken works and it shows

And? It’s basically lvl 80 entry level gear, working as intended

His point isnt without some merit, if a little exaggerated. The hardcore min/max guilds are absolutely requiring engineering and making sure everyone gets their chicken buffs off. While that might not impact most players who don’t go to those lengths… 25% haste is not a small thing.

Again though… the vast majority of guilds aren’t going to be coordinated enough to reliably pop 5 chickens… and with the 20 minute CD a lot of speed-run guilds won’t have it up on many bosses.

The problem then, as it often is in WOW, is balancing between those two extremes. How do you keep chicken from being overpowered in coordinated groups without making it borderline useless for everyone else. Tinnituts seems like a reasonable compromise but I’m still not a huge fan, so I dunno but I hope they come up with something.

Just make it not stack. 5% for five players is still a GREAT buff, but still within the realm of reason. And multiple engineers can string them together throughout the raid if they want, one after the other.

But 25% for 4 minutes is absolutely, egregiously broken. As broken as anything can possibly be broken.

It’s probably more powerful than all of the gear upgrades all melee and hunters will get between now and the rest of the game combined. This from a level 45 trinket from vanilla. Lol.

2 Likes

It is kinda hilarious how an item/profession went from being basically useless to “egregiously broken,” in a 15 year old game lol. But yea, what you’re describing is basically tinnitus, but its essentially a flat nerf to the item. I think if you go that route you have to give something back, like making the effect easier to activate for less coordinated groups.

Even if it doesn’t stack, at 5%, it’s still the most powerful in-raid benefit one can derive from a profession. Engineering would remain BiS.

Probably through LK, too, because the 5% would continue to scale.

Engineering isn’t about chickens… its about rocket boots and stuff like that for speed running guilds to get through the raid faster than running.

Thats… not true at all. Cool story though

It literally is… They use the chicken but rocket boots alone make engineering a requirement for true speed running guilds.

Still debatable vs drums. And it also loses benefit anytime you have a fight over 5 minutes which is more common in WOTLK and in later phases.