Battery on authenticator

Make sure to disable your authenticator in settings.

2 Likes

The batteries on these things are amazing… mine’s still kicking

4 Likes

I’ve had mine since…well when they first came out…kinda sad its dying

5 Likes

had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. had to swap to phone authentication.

You can still use it with any smartphone (without a service plan active) over wifi, or on your PC with an Android emulator.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no. Here is the article you’ll want to read to take care of turning it off or swapping it over to your smartphone:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24520

And here’s the post last year that confirms they are no longer making physical ones:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/physical-blizzard-authenticator/237506/15

3 Likes

Ohhh, nice. That might be a good option. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you’re telling me there’s no way for those of us who a bit more tech savvy to crack that sucker open and put a new battery in there?

I find that hard to believe. Once my authenticator dies, I’ll be testing this out.

When someone asks if they can replace a battery, they’re asking about a manufactured way to slide a panel off and change a standard size battery of some sort.

No one asked if they could MacGyver it. Drop the attitude.

5 Likes

Someone is unnecessarily touchy. Pop a chill pill, cheeko, there was no attitude.

Although, there is one there. :rofl:

2 Likes

When the battery dies, I expect it will forget its secret code. You might have to rig a way to keep it powered while you replace the battery, before it dies.

I assumed that was hardcoded? Could be wrong

Wait how do you play Diablo on mobile then??

Also, it probably has a clock that needs to be continuously powered.

You’re the one who decided to nitpick changing a battery. I’m not the one with the problem. LOL

1 Like

All right, I updated to the mobile authenticator, ty for the replies everyone

3 Likes

Are we even reading the same thread? Isn’t that the EXACT topic?

I have no idea why you got so butthurt over it…

1 Like

It is possible but not easy. And the case is destroyed in the process. There is a youtube video on it.

I’m not butthurt. I explained myself quite clearly and calmly. You seem to think that everyone who asks how to change a battery means to crack things open and MacGyver them and got all snippy about the fact that I said you couldn’t change the battery. Not to mention, I’m also not the first one to have said that. Yet you chose to get all snarky with me. :thinking:

2 Likes