Batching needs to be a little bit less

Edit: I am saying to make batching a little less, not get rid of it all together. Batching is good, it simply needs to be 200ms and not 400ms, for example. I’m not sure what the best one would be.

60 Likes

lol. my MS is 25. Spell batching gives everyone an artificial 400ms.

3 Likes

You clearly have no idea what spell batching is.

It is not player side but server side.

You can have under a 1 MS connection - the best connection known to man - and still have 400 MS lag on everything you do if the server that you are requesting information from decides to process actions in 400 MS “batches.”

It doesn’t matter how fast your internet is. Or computer. It is the speed at which blizzard’s servers process your requested action or sequence in game. It is, in other words, artificial lag.

12 Likes

It is hilariously stupid, so fun to get hit AFTER you CC something, all because people wanted to sheep each other.

17 Likes

everyone upvote this thread and comment so we can make it big pls, seems like the only way to get blizz devs to change something

5 Likes

Yes please change before battlegrounds. This wasn’t even how it was in vanilla, it was 200ms in vanilla.

6 Likes

The extra 200 is obviously to make up for the fact that no one plays on dialup anymore.

2 Likes

Been killed by monsters from the grave after my spell killed them. Wonderful spell batching.

6 Likes

Some serious BS man, needs to be fixed or I feel a spell batching revolution will begin to form.

1 Like

Batching sucks. Fix it to work like vanilla did or just remove it. The only people who want it as is are trolls or apparently don’t remember how the game worked.

10 Likes

Yes batching needs to go. No one wants this!

5 Likes

Please remove batching. Feign death + trap = Just dead hunter.

8 Likes

It makes Warstomp pretty useless. Say an enemy attacks you on a 2.8 swing timer. They will still attack you .9 seconds after you use your ability (.5 second cast and .4 second spell batch).

During the stun, their swing timer refreshes and they immediately attack you again right after stun ends.

In other words: you stun enemy with warstomp, they attack you. Warstomp ends and their next attack is back on the swing timer already.

It makes using the stun worthless because the enemy would have gotten just as many auto attacks in had you NOT used it. And good luck interrupting casters with warstomp.

It actually hurts you since you spend more time using it then the stun actually works. May as well just remove it from your cast bar if you are a Tauren.

6 Likes

I gotta say something about batching made the Artorius kite quite interesting. Im not sure if its actually batching, thats just my theory.

Either way batching is terrible atm and realistically could be halved and perform its function much better.

2 Likes

Play a hunter. Watch your fd be absolutely delayed to gods end. Look at the fix they gave because of batching and watch it not fix the problem.

Now watch this video of original classic and no batching. Watch how his internet is bad but yet his FD is instant to drop combat. Its almost like batching is causing a lot of non classic like problems.

16 Likes

I wish they’d just talk about it already . It’s obviously not working correctly. What’s their plan with it?

5 Likes

git gud
/t

remove batching

3 Likes

Blizzard, this issue is single handedly costing you would-be subscribers on an everyday basis.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the Frostbite bug that’s been occurring for mages is being caused by spell batching. Love seeing the combat log say that my Frostbite afflicted a target and seeing it immediately removed in half a second.

Kill spell batching.

2 Likes