Bard class

So don’t make the buffs raidwide. Make the buffs single target or have a target cap of 5.

In 5 man content you would want 1 bard at most, but in raids you could bring as many as you wanted.

1 Like

see bards would be nice to have. Some people remember this class from Bards Tale - the old game.

1 Like

Shaman in Classic were hardly ‘token’, when raids regularly brought 5-8 of us.

Shaman in BC, you wanted an enhancement shaman for each melee group ideally; resto shaman and ele shaman were also still useful in numbers.

Wrath was the first time our buffs were raid-wide, and the first time that “bring exactly one shaman to the raid” would ever even have been considered.

I hardly think one particular expansion where they failed to balance the buffs represents an insurmountable wall that cannot be designed around.

1 Like

Eww. Bards.

That doesn’t sound epic or like Warcraft.

are Vulperas classic Warcraft? you need to add new things.

2 Likes

Allods Online did the Bard class much justice. You had Dissonance chords to attack and Harmony to heal. It was very cool the way they are set up.

Actually Allods is a very well put together game.

1 Like

Shaman in Classic were horrible. They weren’t brought because the buffs were optimal. They were brought because at that point in WoW the raids were so simple and easy you could bring anything.

1 Like

Ok.

You’re very badly wrong, but if that’s the level of knowledge you have about the history of the shaman class, that’s the end of any productive conversation.

Have a nice day.

I hope you have a great day and one day take off your rose colored glasses so you will be less wrong in the future.

It helps coming to the conversation knowing what you are talking about.

Its all but universally known that shaman were lacking in their personal dps and their buffs did not make up for it. I mean, even look at the current iteration on Classic servers where even on the high end guilds shaman didn’t even have a raid slot.

People took non max level mages, over max level shaman.

Have a great evening as well!

1 Like

Its not in the lore of anything Blizzard. Go play Baldurs Gate if you are looking for something like that.

I actually think they may be setting up bards as a future class. They are going to introduce a new concept into warcraft during shadowlands that will make an opening for the class next expansion. I’m saving the possible details for a later post that i’ve been trying to find more solid proof for.

2 Likes

Class called “bard”, not race.

I got it again cheap, on the Xbox One, haven’t messed with it much yet. I wanted to play it in color, since originally I played it on an IBM XT in CGA four color and switching 5 inch floppy discs. I think that was around 1987.

Your post is kind of ironic, for wanting a Bard in Wow. The reason is that if you read current suggestions for “The Bard’s Tale”, the main suggestion is that you DON’T have a Bard; characters like Monks and such are suggested. As in 1987, I make sure to have one Bard in the party for the RP feel of the game. I also remember one real irritating limitation, where the Bard has to drink booze or something in order to be able to sing again.

Like in that game, Bard feels too much like a “support” class which you don’t even really need. So I don’t see how it would fit in Wow. I remember how in Everquest raids were “tuned” (ha ha, get it?) for basically needing one Bard. I remember doing the plane of hate and fear, with the one guy in the raid who could stand to play a Bard.

So in Wow, the raids would have to be tuned to need a Bard just so people would feel like a Bard had a place in Wow; Or they could just NOT do that, then not have a Bard in Wow. So a Bard class feels more like something Wow would have needed from the very start, or not at all.

There are other classes that could just be “added” to Wow, such as a plate Battle Mage (like the Tol-Barad Battle Mages.) This is because it would just be adding an alternate “plate” tank, which would not be a huge addition/balance problem.

there has to be a way to add it. They added Monks.

There is. Blizz is not required to follow the design of other games/companies and bards are not required to be some sort of support class just because game X did it that way.

Just look at recent content, we are reminded of the sonic attacks of the mantid in 8.3 vale, with even an attack called “Song of the Empress.” Mechagon too had enemies with sonic weaponry.

I’d say either heal/dps 2 spec class, or even a heal/dps/dps 3 spec class would be the most likely. Give them a single group buff similar to Arcane Intellect but maybe for versatility or something, and a single raid cooldown like a mastery version of time warp. Give them ranged weapons for white damage auto attacks and mail armor, and tie the instruments to the spell effects (like paladin librams on heal spells) with customizable, unlockable instruments, and you have a bard class in WoW.

Yeah, my bard would seduce that.

1 Like

People say that about everything, but have no real argument or historical facts to back it up. They didn’t think the Demon Hunter was going to happen or work either. The only thing they do agree on is what they want or would roll – otherwise it’s obviously a bad idea, a waste of resources & no one would ever play one.

Good thing it doesn’t matter what fearmongers believe; it’s what Blizzard decides to do. And there’s certainly no harm in making suggestions & trying to evolve what’s already there. It’s happened before.

Bards seem like a real cool idea and there could be like rock spec and jazz spec or techno. Each wit their own sound and abilities for example rock could do damage and techno could do something I don’t know what I am saying is it would be cool but shouldn’t really be confined to the bard support stereotype.

Give Rogues the Bard as their 4th spec.

2 Likes

If Bard were a support class like they are in other games they’d be mandatory raid positions. Since no other class fits that archetype. Maybe old Shamans. But they have moved away from that idea.

If anything the only class left to get is Sapper. But at the same time you’d think Hunters take up a large part of that kit anyway. You could almost make it a Sapper spec for Hunters.

bards might be cool