Bans being issued for SS leavers

LMFAO 3 people i know woke up to 14 day bans today

2 Likes

It seems unlikely leavers would be banned on the action alone. People who were trolling chat and leaving, that’s a little different.

Yeah and as I said earlier they literally banned people for defending towers in av during wrath prepatch

Agreed, and they mentioned having a pop-up warning when leaving a match.

All I’m saying is I’d think a reasonable punishment system would look like (each step also includes a significant CR & MMR drop):

1. 12 hour RSS timeout
  2. 24 hour RSS timeout
  3. 48 hour RSS timeout
  4. 48 hour account suspension
  5. Week Account suspension
  6. Ban

Something like that, if that makes sense.

Yikes!

1 Like

Yep, for sure. Having scaling penalties also prevents people from suffering too much from the occasional disconnect or whatever. Imagine a -300 cr and mmr drop if you leave a single match.

That’d probably get me to stop playing for a bit.

3 Likes

Then why is there a “leave match” button in the game during the middle of each round? Is it not intended or just a big bug everyone who’s salty just happens to be abusing :face_with_monocle:?

See what I said above, seems like blizzard gave people an out intentionally :man_shrugging:t2:

Going afk doesn’t leave you just go idle and lose

Didn’t have time earlier, and hard to find on blizzard site.

Here:

CHEATING

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

ANYTHING ELSE…

leaving degrades the experience of other players, leavers deserve to be banned, regardless of whether they know they’re doing it, or their intent. If you leave often and screw others, you deserve to be removed from the game. PERIOD.

1 Like

You’re degrading my experience with your nonsense, reporting immediately.

the leave button is there for exactly that when you need to leave. it is not there to use as an mitigation for a loss (which they are working on a fix for). like i said before once or twice is whatever but doing it 10-20-30 times all when you are about to be deranked, thats a pattern.

2 Likes

Then report it and it’s on blizz to figure out, idk? You don’t know what’s going on with the other players real life to be judge/jury/banner because they inconvenienced you.

just from that mode, no one should have their ability to kill scripted dragons taken away from them. Unless they exploit somehow. Then they should lose access to PvE content.

Where does it say they are issuing bans?

Nowhere, this is made up nonsense.

1 Like

They trying to hold the man down. Scare him into not leaving. Lol

1 Like

I agree this is very likely nonsense that has been made up. I heard it from a guy you know… that guy…

I think eventually, sure. Just saying I don’t grab up the pitchfork and rage after someone leaves and think "that guy should be banned from playing WoW forever.

We already knew this. But I don’t see anything here that strictly says “accounts = banned”. “Harsh penalties” is vague (intentionally so).

Oh, and the original point in which I requested you provide a quote from the TOS was:

Everything here:

possesses intent.

To be clear - if I disconnect from Solo shuffle accidentally (one time in a long history) and that causes the game to end, I’ve had the same effect to the other players in that round as if I had voluntarily left. But I didn’t have that intent.

This is why intent is an important consideration, whereas you’ve said it’s irrelevant.

My brother’s roomate’s cousin’s neighbor’s non-binary life partner who lives in Anaheim and was doing a drag show at blizz HQ heard it from the dev’s bathroom, definitely true.

Got her number for bookings?