Banning The Wrong People

Why are people banned for bad language but people purposely not playing well or purposely losing the game not get banned? Everyone has feelings and it’s just not fair I guess? What are your thoughts? Obviously I’m not the one banned since I can post on forums :slight_smile:

So? Everybody gotta be pro level to play this game? Bad Language =/= Sucking at a Game.

Also, if you are actually getting banned from the game for language, means getting silenced isn’t working and Blizzard had to step things up.

Purposely losing a game should also be bannable or at least a warning of some sort. Purposely losing also creates a negative energy vibe… or whatever you wanna call it. That’s what I think at least. People care about bad language like it’s the plague… but don’t focus enough on people that’s also being toxic by purposely losing or even making remarks that will also make others mad or feel bad. Is that not also a bannable offense? or again, at least a warning kind of offense?

Then you should have opened with that.

Right? Anything that promotes elitism or any negative, non-constructive way should be banned or none at all. Choosing only to ban for some of the reasons is really not the way to go. And that’s why Activision got bought out I guess… even this kind of problem persist. shrug

You might want to organize your thoughts before typing them out.

ALSO, This thread would get a better audience if posted on General Discussion.

How do you post in general discussion? It said I had to choose from the category and I didn’t see general discussion in the drop down menu. :frowning:

Go to the of this page, click the Forums link, then look for Community then General Discussion.

Posting on the realm forums don’t get you seen or heard. Most of them are filled recruitment threads.

1 Like

Wow okay thanks! Didn’t see that. First time posting a topic. My pvp buddy just messaged me and asked for help in posting something. We feel it’s unfair and the banning process is not very thought out. Anyway, thanks again!

Okay, was he banned or silenced? It’s an important distinction. Banned/Suspended means you are locked out of the game, Silenced means your chat privileges have been revoked for a time. To get banned/suspended for chat, you would have to said something extremely egregious or after a few silences, you are still not taking the hint.

Well he said he was banned but he could message me. Maybe he’s messaging me from the Battle.net app? I don’t know if that’s possible as I’ve never been banned myself or silenced from chat.

Was his messages kinda an off light blue or purple? Is he a Battle Net friend or Ingame Friend? I’m thinking if he was banned/suspended he wouldn’t be able to message anyone from ingame, that’s how it’s supposed to work.

He’s a battle.net friend. I got the message while I’m using my app. Not in-game.

Did he say how long the suspension is? Have your friend file an appeal.

1 Like

Oh hey thanks for this! I’ll send him the support page! He didn’t say how long though, I’ll have to ask him again when he’s online. Thundertotem thanks for the help eh…