Banning GDKP is pointless

i didnt think so.

Tell me exactly how ā€œbadā€ RMT is right now and tell me exactly what data you used to reach that conclusion?

I have no strong feelings on GDKP either way. That said I love that they banned GDKP so we can finally see whoā€™s wrong and whoā€™s right as we observe the amount of illicit gold and RMT influencing the economy.

The copium will be strong as phase 2 progresses for some people.

2 Likes

itā€™s more like

People are littering.
Blue Plastic straws sold only on wednesdays get banned.
Everyone rejoices that littering is solved.
Attention: what about all this trash everywhere still?

Yea, I feel the same. I canā€™t wait to see whos right and whoā€™s wrong.

Gonna be far funnier though if nothing changes lol

3 Likes

RMT is VERY bad. there are several great videos out about it you can watch. small wharehouses full of computer screens with like 30-50 accounts per screen farming. A simple google search will give you nearly infinite sites to buy gold from for every single version of wow you can think of, including private servers.

you can also go to certain known places that are bot hotspot choke points on your very own server and watch bots flyhack like crazy. Or do a /who for the known instances they farm on repeat and see your screen full of names like ā€œowieurowieā€ and ā€œjksdjfksdā€.

The information is out there if you take some time to look.

1 Like

I agree that RMT is awful right now possibly worse than ever in the history of WoW, but how do you expect to compare that to what happens in the near future with any degree of certainty?

I reckon bots will just wring out tons of BOEā€™s and that will be the new popular commodity since spending gold in raid is now a thing of the past. Things wonā€™t change much.

1 Like

i already know how it will be, because all that matters is this: Can they still make money. The answer is yes, they can still make just as much money as beforeā€¦so the bot/RMT problem will remain unchanged. The only way to make anything different is to make the profit impossible or the act impossible. Otherwise nothing will change.

Agreed, bots and RMT are here to stay as long as blizzard refuses to do anything about them. GDKP was a tool and they took that tool away and there are plenty of other tools there for use. Iā€™d rather be wrong and it demolishes a large portion of RMTā€¦ but again, itā€™s blizzard.

Gotta be honest here with the removal of GDKP WoW Sod is one of the least P2W MMorpgs you can play. We have a none P2W MMorpg with no microtransactions, the game really couldnā€™t be in a healthier state than it will be at the start of phase 2

botters will adapt to anything that is thrown their way unless all uses for gold are practically nonexistent. The people looking to make gold will also adapt as long as gold exists as well and this in turn will increase the desire to buy gold from some types.

1 Like

You canā€™t seem to keep your story straight here.

you can still buy everything the game has to offer with gold. You can still buy gold with GDKP gone. Itā€™s literally no different than before lolā€¦hell you can still buy BiS gear on the AH with gold after GDKP is gone.

Raid loot is eclipsing BOE world drops in power level. Sure there might be the odd world drop that is still really good, but even something like staff of jordan is very far from bis

1 Like

no that all adds up. Iā€™m not saying every gold farmer needs to quit. Iā€™m saying taking out GDKP wonā€™t remove even a single gold farmer. THAT is why itā€™s pointlessā€¦itā€™s not that it accomplishes to little, itā€™s that it literally does nothing. Which i have been clear about throughout.

Pretty much, this isnā€™t a perfect world and thinking people arenā€™t going to search for the most efficient way to reach what they wantā€¦ is just ridiculous. People are going to figure out another way and still get exactly what they want, whether blizzard wills it or not. These people who think removing GDKP is some great featā€¦ are sieging a fortress without siege equipment.

2 Likes
  1. Boosts
  2. Professions
  3. Gear
  4. Consumes
  5. Mounts
  6. Cosmetics

Off the top of my head the things that people buy with goldā€¦none of those go away with GDKP gone.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a lot of people mention that the price of gold dropped dramatically after the announcement, does logic not dictate that itā€™s already accomplished a lot?

I didnā€™t google the price of gold before and after so i canā€™t answer to that.