Banning GDKP is an admission of incompetence

The title says it all. This is nothing more than an admission they’re completely incapable of doing anything about botting. So they’re going after the players who just want to use the only good loot distribution system for pugs.

14 Likes

Your wordage suggests that there are no people who use GDKP for the purpose of RMT, which appears to be an apparent issue with GDKP. If banning doesn’t solve part of the problem, then it was a test worth taking to see if it would impact RMT.

And if it does reduce RMT, then you’ll just have to suck it up and contend with being wrong. It’s a good opportunity to test out this method and see how Blizzard approaches an avenue where RMT is likely taking place.

8 Likes

To be fair, it’s less that they can’t and more that they won’t

Though admittedly, it’s impossible to truly get rid of bots for good, but not trying to manage them as best as they can isn’t exactly better…

EVERY game is plagued with hundreds of thousands of bots. Most games, you just don’t see them, because of instances/phasing/ etc.

You will never get rid of them unless there is drastic changes we handle gaming, to something like they do in Korea where your gaming is tied to your ID.

So to get around that, you have to hinder the other side… why are people buying gold, why is botting prevalent… because people buy gold to buy items and carries, so you make the punishments for those higher and discourages people to buy gold.

2 Likes

this post is an admission of incompetence lol

2 Likes

Should they just ban all trading until the bots is solved?

Trolling aside, if you’re being earnest in this argument, you’re hurting your position on GDKP by being willfully ignorant.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be able to buy mounts/consumes/boes/etc either because you could be using RMT gold as well.

It’s a trash solution by a trash company who’s too cheap to hire 1 single GM at 20/30$ an hour to police realms banning bots.

4 Likes

The five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

This alt is still in anger. I bet another of his alts is in bargaining. Any of your alts into depression yet?

1 Like

Trolling aside, SSF is a game mode that appeals for this exact reasoning.

Even with GDKPs gone, bots and RMT will still be a large part of the game.

You’re learning I hope.

There’s enough threads about this.

You are wrong OP. You are free to disagree and continue being wrong - but GDKP is gone and it should have never been allowed to exist in the first place.

Quit, if you feel so inclined. Nobody’s stopping you. Nobody’s begging you to stay. There’s no change(dot)org petition begging you to play with GDKPs removed because you’re an invaluable asset to the community.

If you don’t want to play because your pay-to-win play style got axed - then don’t. Quit.

That’s what we want, fwiw. That’s quite literally the goal. The player base is fine with 50% less players if it means 100% less cheaters.

2 Likes

Respectfully, that is entirely wrong. Blizzard themselves confirmed this. RMT is not the primary reason why they have chosen to ban GDKPs.

2 Likes

SO much this.

1 Like

You are smoking crack if you think Blizzard won’t go back on this change if 50% of people leave LMAOOOOOO

Lol. Remember when you blew up at me last night for claiming to represent vast populations of the playerbase?

Microsoft might consider it a net positive with such a move drastically improving a nearly dead reputation.

yup. it’s like they openly endorse the botting. maybe because it adds sub counts to the quarterly results. but players solving their piss awful game design? That’s gotta go!!

Blew up? I made fun of you being a seething hypocrit after you insisted I shouldn’t “speak for more than just myself” while the quite literal next line you insisted to speak for tons of people.

I think you have a very skewed perception of what being made fun of is versus being angry.

The player base is absolutely loving the change. WoWhead article poll has this at a 97% positive change over 200,000 votes. The only people angry are those that cheat, or want to profiteer directly from cheating.

But it is clear you’re not learning. RMT will exist, yes. It’s something that won’t be wiped out. However, you have no metrics to determine how prevalent it is with or without GDKP.

If you see a bug on the wall of your house do you assume it’s an infestation? If you see 1 truck on the road, do you assume no one likes trucks? If there is a clear sky, do you assume clouds don’t exist?

You can write words, but don’t really understand what you’re writing.

If you’re going to cherry pick, try harder in what you cherry pick. It’s evidently the reason why players are opposed to it and the feedback of it to Blizz is why they are restricting it.

1 Like

You are smoking crack if you think a publicly traded company cares about anything other than the profits for next quarter.