Banned mage ports in pvp

Sick of mage putting down port over there own food or hearthstone via warlock 5th time. I click on it without seeing it due to all ppl at AV gate so Blizz can we plz banned all mage ports via in AV or any PVP that lets player troll. I know horde player on Alli doing it’s not like they need more of easy win they win 90% of time

4 Likes

Blizzard didn’t touch pvp for eternity what makes you think they’ll pay any attention to trolling in pvp?

5 Likes

All these posts about it make me want to dust off my mage for the single purpose of dropping portals on things in old AV.

19 Likes

It sure is fun watching the chat seeing **** has left the instance :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Dusted mine off for this purpose alone…

Haven’t run my mage in a while but I use to do this in LFR as well lol!!

Just call them out… In one game we kicked ALL the mages because one of them put a portal to the Dalaran crater

11 Likes

Neat, that makes the entire lot of you no better than the mages Mr. Hypocrite. In fact, it makes you WORSE because you don’t have to click the portals. They can’t stop you from vote-kicking them.

11 Likes

Mage Portal Survival Walkthrough:

1. You know how you normally click on it? Do the exact opposite of that.
  2. Follow all steps precisely in this walkthrough.

You may not repost this on any other site withouty permission!! Check out my Undertaker fansite when you get a chance!

Originally submitted by limpbizkitfan99
Copyright 2002 GameFaqs

4 Likes

Except if you want to do the quests or use consumables you also can’t not click on portals. People are griefing people and giving them a 15 minute debuff by clicking those portals, which is harder in a small cave. So, 15 min debuff for 15 min debuff. seems fair to me.

1 Like

Cool. Did it make you win yet?

2 Likes

Eh, they are silly. I used to laugh when people would fall for the “click the portal to summon” trick.

I clicked one by accident last night when I was playing on one of my kid’s characters. Brought me to Broken Isles Dalaran, which worked out. She wanted one of the pvp ensembles for her hunter.

1 Like

I did it, it’s well worth it and hilarious.

1 Like

You can’t “kick” mages in old AV. You can at best report them away, and if the mage actually hits a target, it gets cleaned off.

What does winning have to do with people being tools?

No one drops Portals in my AVs because I have a macro that has my crying about my friend getting a 2 week ban for dropping portals. I use the same stupid excuses people give that no one is forced to click on the portal yada yada. Ive seen a few mages stop their portals before finishing which is hilarious.

1 Like

Blizzard should just disable portals in battlegrounds. something like, if a mage tries to use a portal, it says “You are in the wrong zone” or “You can’t use that here”.

Seriously, it should not be permissible to set a mage port in a battleground. You only hurt your own team and prove how much of a useless tool you are by dropping portals on things your team needs to prep!

3 Likes

I dunno. I guess it has nothing to do with players being tools and kicking players for playing a certain class.

Prevent the usage of mage ports in instanced PvP and we won’t have this problem.

1 Like

Stop clicking on portals and you won’t get ported. We survived many years without needing this safeguard, the new generation of players will survive too.

We don’t need more training wheels and safeguards.

2 Likes