Banned for PvP Non-Participation/Exploitation?

Hello,

I was just recently as a few minutes ago, just been banned for the titles actions and honestly, I have very little idea why. I have not PvP’ed in since TBC Classic Prepatch where I did a few AVs and ABs, I will note that a couple of times, something came up unfortunately and I was afk’ed out of the BG. Out of the probably… 50-100 BGs, I did, this happened as far as I remember 2 times. All of the other games, I participated, this includes sitting at sites on AB, not doing much for periods of time (it happens), this includes running through AV to the Horde side and capping Towers/Relief Hut and waiting for them to fall before going in for Drek but none of this is truly afk’ing to the extent that I would assume would cause a ban? If this was the case, wouldn’t I have been banned two weeks ago while doing the BGs and not today out of the blue?

Just looking for some insight and potentially recovering my account ASAP because I would love to still be able to play in TBC Classic during these beginning weeks and also need to be available for my guild in Shadowlands to raid.

Any information is helpful here and I was indeed banned for getting booted from 2 BGs then I guess I have to take that on the chin and eat the 7 day ban which I think is a little overboard.

Thanks in advance for anyone reading and any help.

P.S. Yes, I have already appealed and tried to contact Blizzard.

2 Likes

You stated putting in an appeal. But the ticket system as sort of an fyi is the main contact point. As soon as someone who handles appeals reviews your case they will answer your ticket.

5 Likes

Then all you can do is wait for the appeal to go through, there are no Game Masters on these forums.

4 Likes

What is my estimated turn around time though? I’m just looking for an answer. If they legit say “we saw you got reported for afk’ing in a couple of BGs” then I guess I just eat it and say I messed up and that’s that but not being able to play for a week and having to tell people that I can’t play for a week for something silly like this kind of frustrates me. I just want an answer about why, not just a few words, if possible.

This:

Combined with this:

And even this:

Can result in a ban for non-participation.

While it may be a good strategy to watch various spots in case the other faction tries to retake it, if your team isn’t on board with that strategy it can be considered not participating.

All you can really do is wait on your appeal though; you aren’t going to get any more info as to what exactly prompted it other than what you’ve received. Ticket times are longer than usual with TBC classic coming out, but it’s no where near the 23 days listed above. More like 1-2 I would guess right now.

Good luck in your appeal, I hope it goes well.

4 Likes

Most tickets are being answered in under 24 hours currently.

However, we don’t allow discussion of disciplinary actions here on the forums. It tends to attract trolling and unhelpful speculation. So I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

I’ll leave this here should anyone need to file an appeal in the future:

7 Likes