Banned for Hacks/Cheating on half my mutliboxers?

As of right now. The other three may yet come. It just might be that they haven’t finished investigating the others. It has happened like that for others in the past.

Live chat, when it’s available (which it hasn’t been for nearly a year or so), is NOT for appeals. Appeals are only worked through via the ticket systems. And as was mentioned above, the appeals turnaround right now is elevated to about a week or so. There is no way to hurry it along or jump the queue.

You are allowed to reopen your appeal again and again until you’re warned no more appeals will be accepted. Good luck to you.

4 Likes

This is customer support where players assist other players. Nothing can be done on the forums to speed up the process of your appeal. Good luck with your appeal through tickets.

5 Likes

Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.

You aren’t allowed to use any software.

6 Likes

Of course they would - just like the program is 100% safe to use…

Not in every case though. Keep that in mind.

Again, this is NOT customer service. This is customer support…

Having had my account hacked, and out of action for weeks back in the day while Blizzard did what they could to restore the account and everything in it - I have a hatred towards cheaters and will always treat those like yourself who post here claiming unjust account action, as guilty until proven innocent.

I also don’t tend to candy coat my replies.

It’s really nothing personal against you specifically.

Regardless that you are now resorting to petty name calling, and I’m 100% certain any reply you might get from Blizzard in this thread will just confirm what has already been said by forum regulars like myself, I do sincerely wish you the best with the appeals.

There has NEVER been any other way regarding account actions than by filing an appeals ticket. No phone number to call, no customer service team to discuss (or in your case argue/debate with), when it comes to account action.

6 Likes

So, if it’s just as easy to do without the software, why were you using software?

3 Likes

Why drive a car if you can walk ? It’s easier and quicker than me doing it manually ( setting up a virtual machine to play with round robin format )

I guess you could say it streamlines the process…

8 Likes

So… it streamlines the process. Which is explicitly against the rules. Your interpretation of those rules is irrelevant.

7 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is it possible you got caught up in the renown ban wave? I’ve seen several multiboxers get hit with that because they turned in the quests on multiple characters at once without knowing it was an exploit.

1 Like

Not likely, they said elsewhere they were multi boxing in Classic.

1 Like

I doubt that since they saic they use something that seems to streamline swapping windows when multiboxing and that would cause this to happen

1 Like

Yep, this software is absolutely not allowed under the new rules.

9 Likes

Battle.net had/has a box you can tick…
More than one account at a time.
Using this will let… Don’t say we did not warn you.

Each account has its own location settings for where the box is placed on your desktop. Your mouse must click into the box to make that account active…not just hover over the box. I have read some Alt-Tab… I do not know how that works, but some players have said they do that.

No windows/mouse macros.
VM is software… Not allowed.
Round robin? Is that a timed focus on each account to keep active?

Wish you well.

Fun fact … Blizzard uses Apache-2.0 !

1 Like

Oh. I missed that.

Round robin “automatically” changes window focus after each ability. That is ABSOLUTELY not allowed under the current multiboxing rules and is considered automation. The software the OP is using, the way they describe it, is classic automation under these rules.

Apache runs over 50% of all websites on the internet so it’s no surprise that Blizzard uses it. The only real competitor to it is Nginx which I have little experince with.

11 Likes

My point… About Apache.

_ Internet Information Services , also known as IIS, is a Microsoft web server that runs on Windows operating system and is used to exchange static and dynamic …_

Microsoft has it own, just wondering when they will switch over or continue using Apache. Since Apache is open and free to use… Made by basically unknown people…
MS is charging people to use a free IP.

But this is a little off topic, so …

IIS is not suitable for anything. It’s nonstandard and frankly isn’t capable of doing even 5% of what Apache can do. Microsoft doesn’t even use it on their internal stuff (amusingly they mostly also use Apache running on some variety of BSD).

Making changes like this (switching over to Microsoft services) would be the last straw that drives me away from the game for good. If it isn’t broken, don’t try to “fix” it with a far inferior product.

2 Likes