Banned for defending nodes

Ok, that is epic. :joy:

1 Like

They did not find it funny lol. now I just go with the zerg and screw the objectives

1 Like

Less tactics, more zugzug!

Wait, why?

At the point you know itā€™s 4-1 and they have a good lead, why?
Now, I normally hate this idea, BUT at that pointā€¦ ā€œjust let them winā€ becomes a wise choice.
Your team will start looking at you defending that last one as merely wasting their time because they want it over with, to queue next. Top it off with yeah, a pve spec in a bg? Thereā€™s your reports.

This is honestly the safest way, sadly.

@ OP, you can follow the offense as prot, stay and defend the node they just took over.
Ideally, win BS. Alliance hardly works for BS and itā€™s why we lose.

1 Like

But that isnā€™t grounds for a ban or a report. If that is what happened, then the people that reported him should be getting a time out for abusing the reporting system. Like it or not, if he was engaged in the match and was actively engaging the enemy, its fair game.

You must be new here. AFKing at stables/farm is one of the fastest ways to get a ban that will never be overturned.

Would not recommend.

prot palas are not great at surviving in BGs, iā€™d say holy is a lot better

Worst feeling ever when I join a BG and all the warriors are prot or communal geared DW fury, and all the palas are holy or prot. RIP WF totem

Never said I agree with it, but doing something your team of zugs will probably be unhappy with is not advisable.

You ever see someone call ā€œreport this guy afk at our town hallā€ and heā€™s gone in seconds?
Literally how reports work, you just need enough people to do it.

1 Like

This is not why he was banned. I got reported a lot for leveling my characters in BGs from 51-60 but never banned.

Because Blizzard doesnā€™t care what you do as long as you play. They do care if you join a BG and then AFK. Even people fishing in AVs werenā€™t banned. It is still playing.

You will be banned and it wonā€™t be overturned if you AFK.

2 Likes

The problem with defending in AB is that players get too carried away with it and stick around their nodes when the fighting calls for you to get out of your node and attack another, which means ghosting. Itā€™s frustrating to go on an attack and see on your map that almost 3/4s of your team is in its two nodes while youā€™re fighting, trying to take back a third.

Not completely their fault.

Ghost shaming is a thing Iā€™ve seen since classic whenever someone leaves their node. All that has done over the years is create a culture of overdefending. So, when the OP does something legit like defend a node, it could come off as sitting around AFK.
So, his story is possible.

Wafectus PvP tip: When youā€™re winning 3-2 then suddenly go down a node, everyone needs to get out of their 2 nodes and attack, preferably a 2-pronged attack on simultaneous nodes. At most, leave one behind to call alarm, but if a risk is warranted, get out of there and back up your offense.

2 Likes

So long as you donā€™t straight up afk like a lot of people do it shouldnā€™t matter. I have a prot paladin alt that queued into a EotS and i didnā€™t heal this warrior that charged into like 12 horde like an idiot and got mad that i didnā€™t heal him (of course he was from Benediction, the realm of entitlement).

You simply have people that have that mentality which I usually leave a slot on my ignore list for because those type of people will make a alt on your realm and harrass you afterwards too if you donā€™t knip it in the bud.

Oh no! Whatever will we do without an afk prot paladin?

/cast Doubt

1 Like

When you post on a public forum youā€™re opening yourself and your opinion up for judgement of the public. Quit telling people not to reply to your thread.

As for my opinion as to what happened; I doubt you were defending stables. You were either AFKing, or you were ā€œdefending stablesā€ and ran away the moment horde showed up every time, thus tending yourself afk in the eyes of your team. Blizzard has banned a LOT of people in Classic for PvP AFKing and PvP botting. They donā€™t ban people for playing the game.

Your naivety would be endearing if it wasnā€™t also pathetic.

Well itā€™s hard to offer an insight into a situation when one wasnā€™t there. You can only go by what you are told and IF you had been there you might have insight to offer.

Beyond that if the only reason given is ā€œPVP Abuseā€ that is a bit to unpack.

I mean people say AFKā€¦ well youā€™d think it would say that. It doesnā€™t mention mechanics abuse etc When I played Dark Age of Camelot I got an email about pathing abuse on a server Iā€™d never played on. I logged in and immediantly got a GM spamming me about it and I said I do not have and have never had characters on that server. They checked and then said a clerical error had been madeā€¦

So mistakes can happen BUT they were also fairly specific. The person they were looking for had been using a pathing exploit in pveā€¦

Anyway PvP Abuse to me seems more like a chat incident or something like that (emotes? who knows).

Againā€¦ hard to say as the information provided really doesnā€™t make senseā€¦ but that happens sometimes too.

The issue is that players see guarding a node as not playing and falsely report.

yeah just flag this afk lover, hopefully this troll post gets hidden

LOL youā€™ve been buried in every thread you post in, take some advice and keep it to yourself on this one kid.

The number 1 thing that is getting people banned is the ā€œpassivityā€ of action when being attacked. Translated- The sheer ā€œNON-responseā€ to anything when being engaged by some one else from the other realm. This is flagged by an automated system that pulls it out of the logs. Dont ask me how i know, but I do. Look at the :Motive: section of your bann explanation. ***Passivity and or abuse of PVP features ****