Banned, but no e-mail stating why or how long?

Hi, this is a first for me. Been playing this account since 2005, it is under my name and all that other stuff except my phone number is outdated and I can’t replace it because of the verification code.
I know there was a Ban Wave that just went out last night, the only reasons I can think of why I got banned was maybe trolling a bit in trade or my excessive farming of herbs to get the Bronto mount over the past couple weeks. The only mods I use are bagnon, details, DMB, Vudu, GTFO, and Simulation Craft. I only downloaded them this past month because I wanted to start raiding again, last time I did was in MoP.
I would appreciate some help or some answers. :frowning:

1 Like

Best i can say is file a apeal the recent ban way was primarily classic not reatail.

2 Likes

Thanks! I haven’t touched classic in a few months so I’m out of the loop with what is going on over there.

What makes you think u were banned what error message are u getting when u log in.

“This World of Warcraft Account has been closed and is no longer available for use” and the rest is links to the website.

The only thing I did differently was I started farming gold on various characters on the proudmoore server, for hours at a time. I’m checking my email constantly and searching as to why.

1 Like

Well false positives do happen ticket times are 1-2 days so the sooner you apeal the better.

2 Likes

I hope that is the case, I’m just concerned as to why I haven’t received an email explaining it.

I was banned tonight for some reason as well. I have not gotten any email. What the hell is going on?

Have you guys checked your spam/junk folder?

Yup, nothing at all. I know they did a banwave the other day, but Ive been on all day and got off a few hours ago. Tried to get back on and got this/

I have, all there is are receipts for purchases like faction changes, server changes that I payed for.

Ah that’s all I got then, I just knew that sometimes they’d get sucked into there. Sorry guys.

Make sure you put in your appeal now tho, the sooner you put it in the sooner they will get to it.

You don’t get banned for using TSM. It doesn’t do anything against the rules. It operates as a lua file the same as other addons.

Edit:
Thanks Zungar. I’ve spent a lot of time with Trolls lately.

1 Like

Lua file.

But man, a bwonsamdi loa file system for addons would be hilarious.

10 Likes

It would bring your addons back to life after a crash.

13 Likes

I… kinda want a loa file system…… so it could laugh at me everytime I spill coffee on my tower XD

6 Likes

Bwahahaha! Watchu gonna do now?

6 Likes

Seeing as that addon been used for years, it doesn’t make sense to make that addon a ‘bot’ or the like. Along with that, taking a shot in the dark won’t get any real hits because everyone use different addons.

I’m just trying to get a common denominator here to see if this could be a false positive. I am not saying the add on itself was the issue, just actions of using it multiple times. This banned happened at 3am EST so it is either automated or someone pulled the trigger but no email was sent out as to why. It’s beyond frustrating.

They why ask if the ones who were banned were using it? If it were the cause, there would be loads of posts here and on Curse and on the TSM website.

I did. You were the only one bringing up TSM.

Except they didn’t ban for that. Blizzard throttled it to limit the impact that cancel scans was having. That’s what they do with addons that do things that impact the game. They change how the addons are able to work in the game.

It is possible the account action was applied before the emails went out. The Customer Support forum is a player-helping-player forum with Blizzard oversight. it is not staffed 24/7. Other players would not have information on why you specifically were banned.

5 Likes