Ban the mention of GDKP + Boosting

From all official channels. If people want to do their degenerate RMT raids or boosting let them do it exclusively on their own channels. Not in the legitimate ones. Tolerating this behavior isn’t acceptable.

Classic WoW is a traditional progression based MMO and the GDKP + Boosting activities have been detrimental to the health of the game. GDKP + Boosting are degenerate player driven activities that reinforce a culture of progressing through a paid option. With RMT as rampant as it is players have become the pay2win/pay2progress cashshop alternatives within the game. The behavior itself needs to be suppressed and the best step forward would be banning it from all official channels going forward.

Official channels

1. General
  2. Trade
  3. LFG
  4. BG/Instance
  5. World Defense
  6. Local Defense
  7. Say
  8. Yell
  9. Emotes
  10. GuildRecruitment
53 Likes

Banning things absolutely works wonders and totally doesn’t insight the crowd to just do more of it and louder.

:clown_face:

3 Likes

How can they do it louder if their communication is turned off from all official channels?

2 Likes

so twitter and reddit?
because sure is not in game or here

Let them spam reddit or wherever. Having it spammed in official chats gives the wrong message of what an actual classic community is like. Having RMT raids and boosting being pushed into people’s faces as the only means for advancement is detrimental to the game.

Official chats being
General, Trade, LFG, WorldDefense, etc

6 Likes

but that is what trade channel is for
and you can just use a block addon and add those keywords

YOUR idea of what an “actual classic community” is. Don’t be delusional.

4 Likes

They should be blocked by default to prevent this behavior from occurring at all. Doing nothing doesn’t solve the problem.

There was nothing remotely like this during the game during Classic. The amount of “services” and RMT has gone off the deep end that we people such as yourself defending it. All of it is retail behaviors.

4 Likes

so now you want censorship?
you really must have hated musk wanting to buy twitter uh?

1 Like

Nope, why would I hate him buying Twitter? Also censorship already exists in game. There is a plethora of rules out there already that prevent you from typing certain words or making fun of certain groups. Even emotes were banned in WoW. So censorship in the right areas of cracking down in this degenerate behavior is a step worth taking.

What’s it like being a degenerate RMTer/Booster?

7 Likes

Sweep it up, janny. Clean up on aisle 4, janny.

I farm strat. It’s nice cause I’m rich.

1 Like

Very cool. Mount drop yet?

and so then we slew the dragon… it’s mighty corpse smashed upon the cavern floor and at last we were triumphant… the heroes began to gather in front of its maw to see what artifacts the dragon had hoarded… our leader reached down and picked up a sword which flowed with green magic… golden runes appeared on the sword as he hoisted it above his head and uttered the words… “min bid 10k”.

Game is absolute trash, humans ruin everything.

14 Likes

I’m undead. I can buy a horse in Brill

There also wasn’t as many addons or sites like wowhead. Your point doesn’t matter.

1 Like

There is a reason why laws and cultural guidelines exist. Which is why I’m advocating for such a route.

Still wondering if it did or didn’t.

That doesn’t mean anything at all. Next you’ll be arguing since Windows10 didn’t exist in 2008 we need Pet Battles in Wrath.

Unrelated to WoW, grasp for more straws please.

We have discords for GDKPS we don’t need to use any wow channels.

Stop hating on the BEST loot setting.

3 Likes

Here’s a better one just for you…

Since boosting to 58 is acceptable in TBC there should be a payable boost to 68 in Wrath. That’s the argument you’re making here. Every little convenience or now normative behavior brought on by Blizzard is simply permissible in your mind. Because X exists that means we can’t do Y! [Soyjack face]

Very good. Stick to your discords.

1 Like